Grandmother eaten by 22 foot python

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Jahrah, 54, went into the jungle near her family home in Jambi province, on the western island of Sumatra, late Friday to collect rubber when she was attacked and eaten alive by the snake. Anto, the head of Jarah's village, said she was likely killed in a painful ordeal that would have taken two hours to play out as the snake bit her, wrapped its body around her and suffocated her, before unhooking its jaw to swallow her whole. It took locals two days to find the snake - stretched out in a clear with a swollen stomach - before cutting it open and finding her body inside.

5839D48F-DF93-4C40-B46D-9F0CD812A0C8_jpe-2575839.jpg

4AE1CD05-59E8-4138-B92D-0D8E4C5E72D7_jpe-2575838.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...her-54-eaten-alive-22ft-python-Indonesia.html

Our python is named Belle

I mean , I don’t mind snakes, I won’t kill them if I’m out where they do their thing but , I’m not so sure I could have onein the house. My dog however , does not like them anymore. He got tagged by a copperhead. He was pretty miserable and , cost me a small fortune at an emergency vet in the middle of the night ! He did learn to go around the danger noodles though , lol

ADA9202B-425D-4314-819B-294DA6F07928.jpeg

F96377C7-0094-4293-A2C1-E045B44F9FBF.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
I mean , I don’t mind snakes, I won’t kill them if I’m out where they do their thing but , I’m not so sure I could have onein the house. My dog however , does not like them anymore. He got tagged by a copperhead. He was pretty miserable and , cost me a small fortune at an emergency vet in the middle of the night ! He did learn to go around the danger noodles though , lol

View attachment 370459

View attachment 370460

I’m not a snake person. They are Mrs Apps and the kids. I’m not much of a pet person anymore at all.

Reactions: Peppergat
I used to have snakes and went to a monthly Herpetology meeting for a few years. People were allowed to buy/sell/trade (why I was going). One time there was a guy selling an Anaconda (don't remember if it was yellow or green). It was quite entertaining. This thing was probably 5' long (a baby). They had 3 guys transferring it to it's new owner. That thing was super pissed. Hissing and trying to take a piece out of anything nearby. Not sure why you'd want to own one of those.

I couldn't stop laughing while this happened. I watched from a semi safe distance. Have fun at feeding time. Geesh!

I also arrived at a pet store one time: The guy working there was closing up because a 8' Burmese Python had just bitten his hand. The teeth went right through his hand, he was bleeding pretty good. Never liked those Burmese. I had a few Ball Pythons and a nice size Red Tail Boa. Heard too many stories about 'tame' Burmese deciding to bite or eat another pet.

Reactions: Apparition
I went to one of those reptile shows where people go to buy sell trade their animals and it felt like it was a different version of a puppy mill convention. Snakes and lizards in stacks of Tupperware.

Reactions: suicideking