Guess this Warn winch and value

Just pass on this one, there’s plenty others out there to move on when you’re ready, IMO.
I’ve been keeping my eyes open for quite a while and there really aren’t that many Used or cheaper warn winches available in the area unfortunately. Not to say this is the one, but it’s worth doing some due diligence. I could buy one of the cheap new other brands out there and call it a day, but that’s not the way I roll; I like a challenge and a winch isn’t an absolute necessity. I’ll pick over it in person and see if I can talk him out of selling the bumper as a package, if the winch warrants it of course.

If you really want that winch, negotiate a good price for the winch (including the bumper as part of the package but ascribing no value to the bumper), then take the bumper to the metal recycler or give it away to someone who thinks they will use it.

I wouldn't pay more than $100 for both. Any more than that and by the time you make it 'as new' you will have spent more than the winch would be worth if you tried to sell it in restored condition. The bumper has apparently been hacked by someone named Bubba and isn't worth much more than the value of the scrap steel. At least not to me, and I suspect not to anyone who already has a front bumper of any sort.

This particular winch isn't getting much love on this forum. It isn't because we particularly enjoy being nattering nabobs of negativity, there are valid reasons.

Just an update. I never even ended up going to see this one in person as I found another m8000 closer with less mystery surrounding it. Thanks again for everyone’s input. Now I’m off to start a thread discussing install questions.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj