Gun rant

it's times like these (election years) I just let my guns sit and focus on other hobbies. I'll come back to it when the hysteria dies down.

That's smart. I like to practice regularly but I can't find any ammo so I stopped to try to conserve what I have. Can't wait for things to go back to normal. Hopefully that's not wishful thinking.

Damn panic buyers! 🙄

While I love people arming themselves it’s getting pathetic.

I’m trying to buy another .22LR for my son to hunt grouse with next month.

I have a special model I’d like for reasons and I cannot find one I stock anywhere. I mean, we are talking about a simple bolt action .22LR for god sakes. It can’t get much more fudd than that.

rant over!

Hahahahahahahaha good luck... cant even find 22 ammo lol... you know it’s a crisis when you can’t even find 10mm

Reactions: mrjp and Rick Flair
Hahahahahahahaha good luck... cant even find 22 ammo lol... you know it’s a crisis when you can’t even find 10mm

It's bad. Sometimes I can find 9mm, but usually not. Occasionally buckshot but it has doubled in price. The only thing I have seen in stock reliably is bird shot at the local wal mart, thankfully without jacked prices.

It's bad. Sometimes I can find 9mm, but usually not. Occasionally buckshot but it has doubled in price. The only thing I have seen in stock reliably is bird shot at the local wal mart, thankfully without jacked prices.

9mm??? Jesus haven’t seen that in stock anywhere near me since June. Glad I stocked up on everything before this shit. Let’s hope all the “anti-2A” folks who decided to buy a gun in the last 5 months change there perception on 2A, and don’t vote in anti-2A politicians, because then this ammo crisis will then turn into ammo extinction.

Reactions: Rick Flair
it's times like these (election years) I just let my guns sit and focus on other hobbies. I'll come back to it when the hysteria dies down.
I've cut way back on my practice/range time. I have "sufficient" ammo, but want to keep it that way! Still hoping our annual shooting event in October is a go - I've been prepping the Jeep for that trip since I got it! It takes a mild 4wd to get to the firing line, and I'm tired of having to schlep my crap up there with others.

I was at my local gun store today. Not much in the way of ammo, shelves were definitely light, but they did have all the standard calibers. 9mm, 45 auto, 5.56, etc...

They had a lot of Magpul stuff they had just gotten in. I might go back and get a few 40 round AR mags. They had about a dozen of the Magpul 60 round drums too. All at standard retail price.

Stock on popular guns was low or gone, but they post inventory updates on FB, and every week they're getting a bunch in. You just have to be quick, they do let you buy on layaway over the phone.

I'm mostly just riding this out. Not going to pay an election year premium.

Side note, how are AR-15 prices? I've got a new in box, never fired S&W MP Sport 2 I'd part with if prices get real stupid.

AR prices are getting to the point where the people who bought them in the last panic are sorry they sold them at a loss. Or at least not having as much buyer's remorse if they kept them.

Reactions: mrjp and Rick Flair
I was at my local gun store today. Not much in the way of ammo, shelves were definitely light, but they did have all the standard calibers. 9mm, 45 auto, 5.56, etc...

They had a lot of Magpul stuff they had just gotten in. I might go back and get a few 40 round AR mags. They had about a dozen of the Magpul 60 round drums too. All at standard retail price.

Stock on popular guns was low or gone, but they post inventory updates on FB, and every week they're getting a bunch in. You just have to be quick, they do let you buy on layaway over the phone.

I'm mostly just riding this out. Not going to pay an election year premium.

Side note, how are AR-15 prices? I've got a new in box, never fired S&W MP Sport 2 I'd part with if prices get real stupid.

Should about double your money. Don’t know how it works in your state but check local armslist for pricing local to you.