Had anyone cut some of the door frame to make installing new door handles easier?

Attempting to change outside door handles on my 1998 jeep tj. Has anyone cut some of the door frame to get easier access to the latch? Thanks

I changed mine out, and to answer your question, no. But I did use a Dremel to file something small. Just cant recall now since it was over 2 years ago. But certainly didn’t cut the access areas.

I cannot imagine why you would need to cut anything to install new latches more easily. If you remove the interior door panel, it should be pretty simple, maybe 30 minutes/side?

And when you refer to the "door frame", what exactly are you talking about?

I cannot imagine why you would need to cut anything to install new latches more easily. If you remove the interior door panel, it should be pretty simple, maybe 30 minutes/side?

And when you refer to the "door frame", what exactly are you talking about?

Have you ever removed your door handles? They are held in with wedge plates and there is no direct access so you are working up through the interior door opening or down from the slot that the glass goes through. It wouldn't be too bad if you had little tine spider monkey arms and hands...

I would suggest removing your glass, it isn't too bad to do, 2 screws, and it will give you some access from the top.

Have you ever removed your door handles? They are held in with wedge plates and there is no direct access so you are working up through the interior door opening or down from the slot that the glass goes through. It wouldn't be too bad if you had little tine spider monkey arms and hands...

I would suggest removing your glass, it isn't too bad to do, 2 screws, and it will give you some access from the top.
I went ahead and cut out 2x3 inch pieces. Made it much easier since I do not have the spider monkey hands and arms.Thanks to all.

I went ahead and cut out 2x3 inch pieces. Made it much easier since I do not have the spider monkey hands and arms.Thanks to all.
You don't need spider monkey hands or to even stick your hands inside the door. Roll the window glass down, remove interior door panel, use a long pair of needle nose pliers to pull the wedges up. If they are stuck, reach in from the lower part and give them a tap upward with a straight blade screwdriver and small hammer.

I've done many that way and never trimmed anything on a door.

I have done it through the interior side of the door, and the way Blaine explained ^. Through the top was the easiest, but even with my baseball glove sized hands, I had no issues doing it through the door.