Halo too bright on LED Xprite headlights

PaveGuts

I have recently installed xprite LED headlights - which are awesome - - but... the daytime driving light halo is a tad brite. I have both halo's running from the same power source - which is only powered when the engine is running. As to the brightness, I believe I have one of two choices: a) install an inline resistor to reduce the power to both simultaneously or b) install a LED dimmer switch. I have a dimmer - but it requires the power side and the ground to run, so can I run a common ground to the dimmer or do I need to run a closed ground to each headlight. Secondly, I'm not sure what size resistor would be required to dim the halos 25 - 30%. Any insights/advice offered is greatly appreciated.

Guts

Halos on a Jeep? How about if you just disconnect the halo's power wire? LED lights are notoriously difficult to make dimmer and not all are actually made to be dimmable at all. I doubt yours were made to be dimmable. Certainly just a resistor isn't going to do it.

Reactions: Shatto
Halos on a Jeep? How about if you just disconnect the halo's power wire? LED lights are notoriously difficult to make dimmer and not all are actually made to be dimmable at all. I doubt yours were made to be dimmable. Certainly just a resistor isn't going to do it.

I have an inline dimmer specifically designed to dim LED lights. The question was wiring the circuit or loading it.

Wish I could help on this one, but I suck with electrical stuff.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

This might be an obvious question, but have you adjusted the headlights properly? After installing LED's, you often have to adjust the headlights downward (top adjustment screw) to compensate for the new beam pattern. It is also common for folks not to adjust their stock headlights after installing a lift kit. Since the stockers are so dim, nobody flashes, nobody notices. Then, after you upgrade to LED's, the problem is suddenly amplified two-fold. Just wanted to throw this out there in case you might be overthinking it a bit. Good luck.

Edit: nevermind, I didn't see "daytime". Doh!

Reactions: Shatto