Hammer24's 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Hammer24

TJ Enthusiast
G'day, been looking around the forums for years, thought it was time to introduce myself and my Jeep. I've been in love with Jeeps ever since I could walk, and started saving up for my first Jeep when I was about 6. I bought this TJ in 2017 (I was 17 at the time), and I plan on keeping it for as long as I live. It's a 2000 Sport, 4.0 straight 6, rear Dana 44. Most mods were on it when I bought it but I've done bits here and there, and I got the lockers installed (by a professional).

Mods/additions include;
ARB bar
Warn 9500XD winch
Hella rallye 4000's (one spot, one spread)
OME 2.5" lift
Front and rear detroit lockers
American racing AR172's
31" Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's
Brown-davis long range fuel tank (110 litres)
Steel side steps/rock sliders
40 Channel CB
Dual battery

IMG_1497.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'm having trouble uploading more pics though, they're all formatted the same as the one above but when I try to attach them it says "The uploaded file was not an image as expected." Anyone have any idea why?

Took off the tail light guards today just because they stuck out too far and I wasn't huge on the look. Also got the fire extinguisher installed and removed the entry guards because I didn't like the way they looked with the doors off. What should have been a quick easy job in removing the tail light guards turned out to take longer than expected. Had trouble disconnecting the left side plug to get the guard off, and then when I finally got them off and installed the lights back on, the indicator didn't work on one side. Turns out that when I put the globes back in, I got two of them mixed up. I had to swap them back around to get them to work, that's something to take note if you weren't aware of it because they look identical lol. The lights must have come with a foam backing of some sort originally because when I got them installed finally, there was a gap between them and the body, so they had to come off again and I cut some foam tape to fit the gap. Finally got it done tho, happy with the look at least.

IMG_1740.jpeg

IMG_1741.jpeg

IMG_1752.jpeg

IMG_1755.jpeg

IMG_1761.jpeg

IMG_1763.jpeg

IMG_1766.jpeg

Finally got around to taking off the rollbar padding and soundbar. Really just because I prefer the look, I never hit my head on the bars, and I barely notice a difference without the soundbar. The front speakers alone seem loud enough for 100km/h with the roof and doors off. I had to take the roof off to ditch the soundbar, so I used it as an excuse to go for my first doorless drive in the Jeep. It was awesome. Still need to sort something out for mirrors though.

Looking good...what the law like over there to drive doorless ?...over here your fine as long as you have a rear view mirror.

Looking good...what the law like over there to drive doorless ?...over here your fine as long as you have a rear view mirror.
Honestly, no clue. I'm tempted to ring up vicroads and ask (road and traffic authority) to ask them, but I'm worried that they'll say no and then I can't play the 'oh i didn't know, sorry officer' game lol. I've read that in the US it's alright but in most states you need a rear view mirror and two side view mirrors, so I'm gonna get some side view mirrors just to play it safe. I've tried to get an answer off australian jeep forums but it seems that no one really knows. I'm sure no one will really care as long as I have all the mirrors, after all it is designed to have the doors removed.

Reactions: Zedd
Honestly, no clue. I'm tempted to ring up vicroads and ask (road and traffic authority) to ask them, but I'm worried that they'll say no and then I can't play the 'oh i didn't know, sorry officer' game lol. I've read that in the US it's alright but in most states you need a rear view mirror and two side view mirrors, so I'm gonna get some side view mirrors just to play it safe. I've tried to get an answer off australian jeep forums but it seems that no one really knows. I'm sure no one will really care as long as I have all the mirrors, after all it is designed to have the doors removed.
I might be able to help you out...Even though I'm in NZ all my clients are other there...and I have a couple Jeep part importers in Victoria...I'll ask them tomorrow

Reactions: Hammer24
OK so I spoke to my client who owns Offroad Konnection and he said that yes you can drive doorless in a TJ as it was made before ADR (Australian Design Rules) came out...but you need at least 2 mirrors...your rear view mirror an a side mirror.
He said he pretty sure this is the law. Plenty of people roll up to his shop doorless with mirrors

OK so I spoke to my client who owns Offroad Konnection and he said that yes you can drive doorless in a TJ as it was made before ADR (Australian Design Rules) came out...but you need at least 2 mirrors...your rear view mirror an a side mirror.
He said he pretty sure this is the law. Plenty of people roll up to his shop doorless with mirrors
Awesome, thanks so much! I'm getting some side mirrors anyway so that's not an issue.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
All these Australian rules... sheesh. Can't lift over a certain height I knew about, but now you mean to tell me certain years of vehicles can't drive without doors? So what if you have a JK or a JL, can you drive without the doors?

• Sad
All these Australian rules... sheesh. Can't lift over a certain height I knew about, but now you mean to tell me certain years of vehicles can't drive without doors? So what if you have a JK or a JL, can you drive without the doors?
Apparently its grey area if you have a JK...JL's are over there yet. There unsure because the AMCAP safety rating is so low ….but on the other side of the coin Jeep is saying that the doors are NOT part of the safety impact structure, all that is in the frame. Doors on or off makes no difference to the safety rating.
So if you get a ticket from a cop its probably because he didn't get his coffee and donut that morning.;)

Reactions: Zedd