Hammer24's 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport

All these Australian rules... sheesh. Can't lift over a certain height I knew about, but now you mean to tell me certain years of vehicles can't drive without doors? So what if you have a JK or a JL, can you drive without the doors?
The laws about lifts and tyres really annoy me, but at least you can get anything over the 50mm lift signed off by an engineer (pricey). Probably not much you can do about doors if they're deemed illegal to remove.

Reactions: Chris
The laws about lifts and tyres really annoy me, but at least you can get anything over the 50mm lift signed off by an engineer (pricey). Probably not much you can do about doors if they're deemed illegal to remove.
We are a bit more relaxed out here... as long as you not being stupid, your sweet..!! anything above 2inch live needs to certified but its pretty cheap.

We are a bit more relaxed out here... as long as you not being stupid, your sweet..!! anything above 2inch live needs to certified but its pretty cheap.
I see plenty of lifted landcruisers, patrols, hiluxes etc that definitely aren't legal and I doubt have been engineered, so I don't think anyone cares tbh, but yeah. My TJ isn't even legal according to these laws and it's not exactly extreme lol.

Got some entertaining pics of the track day I went to. Obviously I didn't take the Jeep onto the actual circuit, but I did take it on the skid pan (figure of 8 autocross). It was obviously one of the slower times, up against fully kitted race cars and supercars, but somehow I managed to not get the slowest time, just pipping a Mclaren (most likely a clueless driver but I'll take the win).
CDD201905D12051.jpg
CDD201905D11991.jpg
CDD201905D12056.jpg

Got some entertaining pics of the track day I went to. Obviously I didn't take the Jeep onto the actual circuit, but I did take it on the skid pan (figure of 8 autocross). It was obviously one of the slower times, up against fully kitted race cars and supercars, but somehow I managed to not get the slowest time, just pipping a Mclaren (most likely a clueless driver but I'll take the win).View attachment 103363View attachment 103364View attachment 103365
hahaha that looks like fun....chalk one up for the TJ not being the slowest out there well done.

Reactions: Hammer24
Took the Jeep back into it's natural habitat today, suited it a bit more than the track I think :LOL:. These pics were taken in Mirboo North regional park in Gippsland. Was on some trails that I assume haven't seen use in a while, struggled through a fallen tree right at the end of one of the trails. Otherwise was a great day out, found some nice tracks. Didn't really get any action shots of the good stuff but my mate got a couple of nice shots of the Jeep (and me struggling with the tree lol).
IMG_4585.jpeg
IMG_4597.jpeg
IMG_2866.JPG
IMG_4607.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from a 5 day trip up into the Victorian High Country, favourite place on earth honestly. Found some pretty good tracks and of course went up the famous billy goat bluff track which is supposed to be the steepest in the state (ascending 1400m in 7km of track). Didn't really get any pics of the harder stuff, but pics never do the tracks justice anyway.

High Country 4B trip-22.jpg
High Country 4B trip-8.jpg
High Country 4B trip-2.jpg

Shot of the convoy which included the Jeep, a 1990 Landcruiser 71 series (not sold in the US), and a Landrover Disco 2.
High Country 4B trip-129.jpg
High Country 4B trip-224.jpg

Bit of a flex shot with the swaybars disconnected for the first time.
High Country 4B trip-216.jpg

'The Pinch' midway through Billy goat bluff track
High Country 4B trip-166.jpg
High Country 4B trip-49.jpg

The renowned Dargo Hotel, enjoyed a pint and a parma then camped out the back.

High Country 4B trip-49.jpg

Last edited:
G'day, been looking around the forums for years, thought it was time to introduce myself and my Jeep. I've been in love with Jeeps ever since I could walk, and started saving up for my first Jeep when I was about 6. I bought this TJ in 2017 (I was 17 at the time), and I plan on keeping it for as long as I live. It's a 2000 Sport, 4.0 straight 6, rear Dana 44 (all Australian TJ's came with the 4.0 litre and rear dana 44 as standard). Most mods were on it when I bought it but I've done bits here and there, and I got the lockers installed (by a professional).

Mods/additions include;
ARB bar
Warn 9500XD winch
Hella rallye 4000's (one spot, one spread)
OME 2.5" lift
Front and rear detroit lockers
American racing AR172's
31" Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's
Brown-davis long range fuel tank (110 litres)
Steel side steps/rock sliders
40 Channel CB
Dual battery

View attachment 74848
Beautiful!

Got my first day off work in a while so spent the whole day working on the old girl.

Mounted the new rear bar (Bestop highrock) which meant I had to relocate the rear plate, had to order a new one to be able to fit it anywhere. You really notice the brown davis long range tank hanging down there now. I was pretty nervous drilling into the body for the plate but it worked out quite nice;
IMG_0507 2.JPG
Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 2.00.03 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 2.00.15 pm.png

Also had time to clean out the IAC valve, idle had been pretty rough recently and this morning it wouldn't even idle without some throttle input so pretty good timing for something to stop working for once. I don't have anything to compare it to but it did look pretty gunked up and it seems to be idling just fine now. Thanks to @Chris for the write up on that!
Heres a before and after of the valve;
IMG_0512 2.JPG
IMG_0513 2.JPG

Also swapped the spotlight globes out from 85 watt halogens to 100 watt halogens as I assumed one had a blown globe, however that didn't fix it so back to square one.

Reactions: Chris and DrDmoney
Looks like she’s coming along nicely! How are the wildfires down there? Hopefully they are under control.

Looks like she’s coming along nicely! How are the wildfires down there? Hopefully they are under control.
Thanks! They've settled down a lot over the past couple of weeks, the bush fire season is still active but we're through the worst of it. I've been fortunate, where I live hasn't been affected this bush fire season but friends further north have lost their home along with hundreds of other families, not to mention those unfortunate individuals who lost their lives.

• Sad
Thanks! They've settled down a lot over the past couple of weeks, the bush fire season is still active but we're through the worst of it. I've been fortunate, where I live hasn't been affected this bush fire season but friends further north have lost their home along with hundreds of other families, not to mention those unfortunate individuals who lost their lives.

Yeah, I've been following it on the news. Such a tragedy.

At least you've managed to stay safe.

Reactions: Hammer24
My grandad was clearing out his garage and found 4 old aerials from his landcruiser so he gave them to me and they ended up being the right size to fit on the Jeep.

This is the one that I ended up going with, it's a decent bit longer/thicker than my old one that I wasn't getting great range from.
IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0626.jpeg

I also put the longest of the bunch on just to see, think it's a tad too long for the little Jeep lol;
IMG_0622.jpg

And here are the 4 spare aerials I now have; (my original one 2nd from the left, the one I now have on is right in the middle of the 4 in terms of length)
Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 4.10.42 pm.png

Did the cheapest and easiest mod to my Jeep to date, popped a 20 amp fuse in fuse number 20 to bypass the clutch when starting the engine.
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.26.45 pm.png

Also built this storage set up over the past few weeks, wrote up a little thread about it so you can read a little more about it here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/diy-rear-storage-system.35724/
19.png
21.png

22.png

Got some ARB Rocker Guards which I think transform the look of the old girl, and more importantly will keep the tub nice and straight when playing in the rocks. Now time for the 33's and more lift!
Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 11.57.58 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 11.58.12 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 11.58.39 am.png

Reactions: TJ Starting