Happy Valentines Day

Anyone else think it's a dumb holiday?

Yes. It was any regular day in my family growing up. I have no specific memories of it other than passing out cards to and receiving the same from my classmates and I follow the thought process that it was basically invented by Hallmark to make money. Apparently my wife grew up different so I play along to keep her happy. I don't know if it's me coming from a house of all boys and her from a house of all girls, or what.

Reactions: Squatch and P man
Yes. It was any regular day in my family growing up. I have no specific memories of it other than passing out cards to and receiving the same from my classmates and I follow the thought process that it was basically invented by Hallmark to make money. Apparently my wife grew up different so I play along to keep her happy. I don't know if it's me coming from a house of all boys and her from a house of all girls, or what.

Its not that unusual for a married woman to find it important. It's like a 4x4 swap meet..important to you but maybe stupid to her. Just play the game and keep momma happy.

Happy Valentine's Day @P man !
1679540623347.png

Reactions: P man
My wife and I both find Valentines Day to be pretty dumb.
Just never made sense to us to pick one singular oddly specific date of the year to show 'love' to someone.
What're we supposed to do with the other 364 days? Not love each other?... :LOL:

BUT, we did take the LJ out, and go to see a movie, so I guess we kinda celebrated it? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: P man