Harbor Freight farm jack

20190829_214403.jpg
20190829_212945.jpg

Reactions: Airjunky
I don't have one or plan to buy one anytime soon. These racers evidently think HiLift jacks are useful enough to carry the extra weight. I think that says a lot.

Some of that is probably risk/reward trade-off. When I am out on the trail and get stuck - I am late home for dinner. When they are, the purse goes to someone else.

edit: or they're sponsored and need to show it...

Reactions: K0LCB
I used mine twice today while wheeling...
mikjicP.jpg

No picture of the 2nd time. I needed to unload the suspension to rotate the axle in order to replace the upper control arms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airjunky
Just want to add; if you've got one, maintain it. Especially if you store it on the outside of your vehicle.

Also, if you didn't grow up using a bumper jack, I suggest you practice in the driveway before using it on the trail.

Reactions: Brianj5600
Sorry to break it to you but guys on here recommend the best place for a farm jack/hi lift jack is in the garage or the farm. Hi lift jacks can be very dangerous and it’s unwanted weight on your jeep. The stock bottle jack would work just fine and 100% safer.
I ended up selling mine to a guy with a JK 😂

It all depend where you need to change the tire!

So many more uses for a hi-lift. The last big windstorm here, we lost about 40' of fence. I used the hi-lift to remove 3 broken fence posts....and the concrete blocks underneath.

I get that they're dangerous. But so is climbing around under your jeep to get the bottle jack in position. I still have all my teeth after using them for 25 yrs or more.

To the OP, good job on the restore.