Hard brake line

Camdenst

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi...

I was installing the rear trackbar relocation bracket and cleaning up the surface for the shop to weld and accidentally kissed the brake line.

Do you know if they sell just the that one section on the axle to the caliper. I brand new to anything brake related other than bleeding or pads and rotors.

Thanks

20240318_172506.jpg

Measure existing hard line

Go to parts store and buy a straight piece of tubing as close as you can get. If you want it perfect you will possibly have to cut and reflair the tubing.

Install and bleed brakes.

I was so disappointed.... I thought I had it and the cord caught the ground and whoops...

Awesome thanks. Any particular flare tool better for the older jeeps

I was so disappointed.... I thought I had it and the cord caught the ground and whoops...

Awesome thanks. Any particular flare tool better for the older jeeps

You’ll spend $40 to get a decent flare tool, plus ~$10 in fittings, and another $10-$15 on the tube. If you can find it for $50 you’ll come out way ahead unless you plan on flaring a lot more brake lines. The rental tool from my Autozone was literally useless.

I just got done traveling this path to make the short lines from the m/c to the combo block. It wasn’t as cheap as I expected, although it was rewarding to have done it myself.

Reactions: BlueC
Sstubes.com might. But now that I know their fittings aren't stainless I would have just made my own out of NiCop.

-Mac

I'm not a fan of the NiCop. In fact I am so much not a fan that if you'd like the remnants from a couple of coils that I'm never going to use, then I'm glad to send it to you. I've also not been able to find any annealed SS line that is able to be easily flared. I have however, found some outstanding Bundy tube from Southwest Performance. I tried some on a whim and then ordered 6 more 25' coils of it.

Reactions: macleanflood
Found some outstanding Bundy tube from Southwest Performance. I tried some on a whim and then ordered 6 more 25' coils of it.

Interesting. I'm always down for learning new and better ways. I'm not often redoing brake lines. But the once in a while when I do I'd most certainly like to use the best materials.

-Mac