Hard shifts in a AX15..

Just because the clutch doesn't slip does not mean the components have not failed. It sounds like your next best option is to pull the tranny something is not allowing the clutch to completely disengage, as I said before I had the same issue and it was the clips on the TB. And you should be able to shift at any rpm AIC would not affect your shifting.

Have to agree. With all that you have done without getting relief it's time to pull stuff and have a look! Those throw out bearings can be pesky critters!

So I had my wife drive and see what she thought of the Jeep. She drives a 2016 handa and would notice almost everything compared to her new van.. She came back and asked if I was kidding. Said it shifted great and had no issues what so ever. I drove it this morning to work, KNOCK ON WOOD, and she was right it shifted great. So I am guessing a combo of the master/slave cylinders and fluid change is what really helped to revive the old gear box

Reactions: Stinger
So I had my wife drive and see what she thought of the Jeep. She drives a 2016 handa and would notice almost everything compared to her new van.. She came back and asked if I was kidding. Said it shifted great and had no issues what so ever. I drove it this morning to work, KNOCK ON WOOD, and she was right it shifted great. So I am guessing a combo of the master/slave cylinders and fluid change is what really helped to revive the old gear box
Outstanding!

Brantley I used 10w30 synthetic oil. Since I have little to no funds I bought the Walmart brand of synthetic oil. It was only 4.98 a quart vs. the 8.99 Mobil synthetic 10w30. Don't hate me for buying generic, it's all I can afford.

I was just curious. If you can eventually scrap up the funds, I'd suggest trying Redline MT-90 but the 10w30 will be perfectly fine. It's approved by Chrysler/Mopar.

If it's any consolation, if I were going to run 10w30 in my AX-15, it would be cheap synthetic, rather than Mobil synthetic. There's not enough difference for an AX-15 to tell between them anyways.

I used Mobil synthetic last which was about 3 yrs ago. I am guessing I should have changed it sooner but a deployment got in the way. So I am going to change it once a year. How often do you all change your gear box fluid?

I haven't changed mine in 3 years. Redline MT-90. I don't know how frequently it should be changed, but mine seems to be doing fine. I think the general recommendation is 30,000 miles which I'm probably getting close to by now.

Last edited: