Hardtop Storage

jplyfe

Wondering if any of you have ideas on storing the hardtops in the garage for the Summer season. Looking to somehow lift it up and hang it from the ceiling rafters. Any photos, or ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did mine with a couple pulleys and a hand winch. Very easy install and just backed the jeep into the garage lifted it and drove out.
29c8b54ba802294956a1b064b4160172.jpg

Reactions: LCL-Dead
Huh.. Your garage looks to be about the same size as mine. I'm going to have to try that. Originally (for about 3 weeks) I just took it off, laid it on its side on a blanket/pillows and braced the inside with a 2x4 to keep it from wanting to fold in on itself. Wasn't pretty but it worked.. but I also worried about it so much that I ended up just putting it back on.

I'm also lookinmg to store my hardtop, however I really want to hang it with the rear glass down ... ideas there?

Wondering if any of you have ideas on storing the hardtops in the garage for the Summer season. Looking to somehow lift it up and hang it from the ceiling rafters. Any photos, or ideas would be appreciated.

Gentleman, I appreciate all the replies. All good stuff! Here in Rhode Island the past 1-1/2 months, it's pretty much been rain. Almost thinking I should've kept the top on. Anyway, per your posts, were big Maple Syrup and Bruins fans here. Although respect the hell out of Detroit as being part of the "original six".

I think I'll end up getting a trailer winch and make a lift/hoist in the garage similar to a boat lift. Some straps, wood, and pulleys should hopefully do the trick. I just have to find the time to do it. Keep you posted.

Reactions: VirtualRussel
Huh.. Your garage looks to be about the same size as mine. I'm going to have to try that. Originally (for about 3 weeks) I just took it off, laid it on its side on a blanket/pillows and braced the inside with a 2x4 to keep it from wanting to fold in on itself. Wasn't pretty but it worked.. but I also worried about it so much that I ended up just putting it back on.

I'm able to close my back window while it's hanging. I have it open for clearance of my head since my work bench in directly under it.