Hardware for MCE fenders

Tob

Paint-Matched Bezels Club
Supporting Member
I bought some second-hand MCE flat fenders today. All the brackets, grommets, and spacers were packed in it, but none of the fasteners, washers, or nuts. Could anyone help me with the size and specs of that hardware that I'll need to install them?

...Or, as I've seen some people complain about the mounting method and hardware provided, is there better hardware you would recommend using? I'll have to buy new hardware either way.

I can't get in touch with MCE for a parts list.

@jjvw was it you that had your MCE’s fly off on the road and attached them differently?
The rears. Twice!

I added a small washer to the top of the post. They can still detach if I wipe against a rock, but the wind can't remove them.
20200923_153721.jpg

Reactions: Tob
If you have all the spacers you just need to find any button head bolt that will fit through them, the nyloc nut, and 2-washers. For the body mounting mine was just self tapping screws for the rear. On the front it was countersunk head for the upper fender mounts, and a shorter set of the same bolt/nut/washer for the lower fender mounts. Then the grille support nut you probably have right now and a final button head bolt/washer/nut.

They’re not super special, you can build out the set at ace or Home Depot for sure (unless they’re out of a lot).

Reactions: jjvw and Tob
I installed mine a few years ago, and it's dark out yet and I've only had a half cup of coffee, so I'm just going to guess the bolts are stainless button head cap screws probably either 8-24 or 10-24.