Has anyone cut their fenders to create a flat fender look? (Not flares)

aWiseMoose

I came across a Jeep that belongs to 57geronimo on the Jeep forum, and he cut the front of his fenders off, creating a flat fender look. Has anyone else done this? I really like the look and considering doing it.

Here are a few pics for examples
IUfgMvM.jpg

Uln0Wpl.jpg

kQRmmvI.jpg

3095Evs.jpg

zM36kCb.jpg

JiTiWXy.jpg

xSub8FK.jpg

rRtsP3l.jpg

Uln0Wpl.jpg

IUfgMvM.jpg

zM36kCb.jpg

JiTiWXy.jpg

xSub8FK.jpg

rRtsP3l.jpg

kQRmmvI.jpg

3095Evs.jpg

Last edited:
I like the way they look too. Here's a chance for someone to fabricate and or get a factory to create these for mass distro [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He left on more than most do who really want the flat fender look. He didn't cut until the stock flare lip dipped down. That is better than most. He also cut across the front to take out the front of the painted fender well. I prefer that as well, but you can't go back once you've made that cut...Probably makes it look bigger than without the cuts

Reactions: Ogre77
That's pretty much how we did it back in the day. a lot of us ran fenders cut just like that. Aftermarket companies eventually caught on and stared selling all the slat fender kits available now.

Dude, that actually looks good. I normally don't like the way cut factory fenders look but that looks good. I might have to copy you until I but true flat fenders.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
I like it subtle. Nice work! I was just thinking today about raising the edge slightly. Thanks for sharing!

What do you guys think about getting some Rubicon flares (4 1/4" wide) and cutting them like this. I found a set for $50 and thought, this might be a good experiment. After cutting I'd probably get about the same amount of coverage as my stock TJ flares, but have something to experiment with...

Hmmm, this would be fun to do if you could score a set of fenders off Craigslist. Might have to start searching that now too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks good! Any tips for straight cuts?
I found that It’s best to use painters tape and mark out the line you want to create, use a Dremel to make the cuts. Let the disc do the work. Don’t Force anything. it might be slow but it produces a nice consistent cut. Take your time on the cuts. And you will be able to sand away any imperfections! :D good luck on your build

Looks nice! You could use these for blinkers. They are kinda small but they get the job done and don’t mess up the look..I like them! Plus they are pretty cheap...

https://www.metalcloak.com/Dual-Function-LED-Marker-Blinker-Light-p/2209.htm

Metal cloak sells them to go with their stuff but it’s just a hole they pop into. I think you could just drill a hole and pop them in.

Last edited:
I like the look of the front lip, kind of looks like the new JL Rubi fenders (obviously without the leds) with the painted inserts.

Anyone running them, how is the strength of those, I would think the structural integrity would decrease a bit with sections removed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk