Has anyone ever replaced the 4.0 valve cover with a cast aluminum one?

What radiator is that?
https://www.radiatorexpress.com/product/radiator/jeep/1998/tj/sahara/40l-l6/220965/1441724#tabs
My factory radiator was letting the stroker get up in the 220's on hot days with the a/c on climbing up steep grades with my foot on the floor in 5th. To be fair, it was kinda worst case scenario going only like 40-50mph and just matting it and letting the stroker grunt up the hill instead of downshifting like a normal person, but hey, why bother having a stroker if I can't do dumb stuff like that, right?

Anyways, bought that sucker. No more cooling issues as previously described, but then I had issues just letting it sit and idle on hot ass days with the a/c on. I think the electric fan (no way the factory mechanical fan would fit) couldn't suck enough air through that thick ass radiator. I put a more powerful Spal puller on and added a pusher in front, and no issues thus far. I did also have a leak in the radiator core at one point. That site warrantied it without issue. Not that I like having to swap them out, but they stood behind what they sell.

Finally, something other than a carrot wiener!
Like I said, you wouldn't have wanted to see my other pictures 😅

But....

If they made this for later 4.0's, I might be tempted. It won't fit our years though 😕

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t like the 4.0 on the valve cover. Wish they made one without the 4.0 lettering or Jeep on it instead.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Something to add for anybody creepin around
The crown aluminum wont clear the valve springs on a ClearWater Cylinder heads "Performance" cylinder head...Along with ARP studs it didnt clear but you can easily buzz that down with a diegrinder but the springs wont clear !
I may have to grind my valve cover down cause by the looks of it i need about a eight to clear the springs....

Reactions: SkylinesSuck