Has anyone modified a bikini top for full too hardware?

Not sure what’s your trying to do exactly? Try explaining it a bit better and you will get more help!

Reactions: LJ Jim
Do you mean to fit the original header channel? If so there is not enough material to cover the header where it would need to be screwed on.

Not sure what’s your trying to do exactly? Try explaining it a bit better and you will get more help!
want to use part of original soft top hardware for bikini top so it can be flipped back so I dont have to reinsert plastic strip into channel . that would be a pain. I talking about using attached header that came with original soft top. using those small screws that attached fabric to attach new bikini top fabric that would have to be trimmed and then back attached to maybe the first bow with straps or velcro. Does that help?

want to use part of original soft top hardware for bikini top so it can be flipped back so I dont have to reinsert plastic strip into channel . that would be a pain. I talking about using attached header that came with original soft top. using those small screws that attached fabric to attach new bikini top fabric that would have to be trimmed and then back attached to maybe the first bow with straps or velcro. Does that help?
I would suggest getting another soft top and just running it without windows and trimming away any excess material. That would be much easier.

Do you mean to fit the original header channel? If so there is not enough material to cover the header where it would need to be screwed on.

I would suggest getting another soft top and just running it without windows and trimming away any excess material. That would be much easier.
yes it would. may check about purchasing used full top for this. Thanks. want to do this on the cheap. Spent alot of money on spice upper door slider windows and wind jammer

Why don’t you just roll it up near the channel. When I store my bikini top I fold the plastic side pieces inward towards the channel (creates a triangle) then roll it up. After that maybe you could use some sticky Velcro attached to the windshield frame on the outside and inside to keep it from moving around?? I donno I’ve never thought about it but my friend with a safari top will roll his up to become a bikini top sometimes

Better grammar would help.