Has anyone replaced seat foam?

As someone who has actually done replacing foam & upholstery themselves, as well as paid a shop
I highly recommend paying a shop or buying aftermarket.

The key differences here is , a PRO shop understands where to pad, and wrap to increase the sturdiness of any seat redo.
Unfortunately it's not as simple as foam and pulling upholstery over, and hog ring pliers. I discovered this 1st hand.

My 1970 442 drivers seat that I restored myself, came out beautiful, but I just paid a shop to do my passenger seat.
The difference aesthetically is impossible to tell, but the difference SITTING in it, is night & day.

I would also shop for used Wrangler seats as well , there's a ton out there.

Reactions: TJ Jim and NCLife
What did you replace them with? Pics or you know……it didn’t happen.

I've posted it before. I had two tone leather seats installed, had all the bad foam replaced front and back, and I had the leather steering wheel re-done to match the interior. The installer actually sent me pictures of all the repaired foam before he installed the seats. After this picture was taken, I realized the console was badly faded and I primed and resprayed it the factory color for a better match to the seats. But, I haven't taken new pictures. Here is the picture of the new seats.

New Seats.jpg

Reactions: Rickyd