Has anyone replaced their stock rear bench with PRP 39" seats?

Jess

Has anyone replaced the rear bench with PRP 40" Seats?

Have seen plenty on the front seat replacements, but can't seem to find video(s) or Pics anywhere about the rear seats. If
I end up buying one, I promise to make a video.

I was looking to replace the bench with this:

https://www.prpseats.com/product/je...-color-options/?attribute_color=Tan+and+Black
I have a teenager, a tween, and kindergartner and was looking to get more room in the back and was looking at this as a possible solution.

Appreciate your thoughts.

I installed a 40" Elite Series High Back Bench Seat. I think I have some pics posted on my build thread but if you want any measurements or pics taken let me know.

I'm getting ready to do something about my rear seat as well, I'm not looking for room though. These rear seats aren't really fit for hauling kids especially w/o head rests. I'm debating between PRP and Corbeau. I like the PRPs a bit more as I'm familiar with their quality. I'll check out your build thread, thanks @LJGreg

Late to the game, but how does the PRP rear bench bolt in? The PRP website shows adapters for front seats, but I see none for the rear bench.

I wasn’t able to find any off the shelf adapters that just bolts in. The tabs on the bench aligned with the original mounting holes in my LJ. I could have just bent them slightly and put in some angle but I had some left over channel so did it this way.

1620052312544.jpeg

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Could I not just use this adapter, drill holes through "bottom" portion of the mount to align with the factory tub holes? If so, I'm guessing it would provide minimum elevation, so I still might need to fab a mount similar to LJGreg's ro raise the seat slightly. Thoughts?
Never explored it because I will be using the factory PRP tabs to mount directly to my cage in my YJ build.

Could I not just use this adapter, drill holes through "bottom" portion of the mount to align with the factory tub holes? If so, I'm guessing it would provide minimum elevation, so I still might need to fab a mount similar to LJGreg's ro raise the seat slightly. Thoughts?
A quick call to PRP might be worth it. They might know.

A quick call to PRP might be worth it. They might know.
Did that yesterday. Got put on hold and eventually told that I would have to "drill holes in the tub and use big washers." They were polite, but to be honest, I wasn't impressed with their technical knowledge, at least on this particular application.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I'm getting ready to do something about my rear seat as well, I'm not looking for room though. These rear seats aren't really fit for hauling kids especially w/o head rests. I'm debating between PRP and Corbeau. I like the PRPs a bit more as I'm familiar with their quality. I'll check out your build thread, thanks @LJGreg

Which did you end up getting? PRP or Corbeau? Curious on your experience as I am considering a new rear seat for the same reasons.

Certainly a related topic, but does anyone know the bolt size for the rear brackets on a 2005 LJ? One missing and one sheared head so want to do some replacing...

I installed a 40" Elite Series High Back Bench Seat. I think I have some pics posted on my build thread but if you want any measurements or pics taken let me know.

Could you send me some pics of your seat set up? Looking at getting a 40” prp elite for the rear of my LJ. But want to make sure it’ll fit first. [email protected] is my email.