Has anyone used seat risers?

Yup, at 6 feet you don't 'need' to raise yours, but I'm pretty sure you'll love it. Find a pre-2003 and try it first. More comfortable, legs are supported better, and the view out front is better. I ran across boxes specific to the 03-06 TJ with drivers F&T seats, but higher price for a smaller tray. Lot more space now. Have to measure, but pretty sure the selection of lock boxes will be better. Driver tumble isn't used very much so maybe non-flip tray would work, but the seat risers are cheap and quick to install with other benefits.

Yup, at 6 feet you don't 'need' to raise yours, but I'm pretty sure you'll love it. Find a pre-2003 and try it first. More comfortable, legs are supported better, and the view out front is better. I ran across boxes specific to the 03-06 TJ with drivers F&T seats, but higher price for a smaller tray. Lot more space now. Have to measure, but pretty sure the selection of lock boxes will be better. Driver tumble isn't used very much so maybe non-flip tray would work, but the seat risers are cheap and quick to install with other benefits.
I’ve got the 1.5” risers and the smaller tuffy box on my 06 drivers seat, it’d take cutting or component removal to install a larger box.

They're a nice enhancement so long as you're not extra-tall.
Jerry, did you get more than 1.5" of total increased height with the risers and PRP combination?

I'm a little under 6'2 and wouldn't mind increasing the height some, and I plan to order suspension seats on black Friday. Not sure if 1" seat risers would be overkill with new seats.

Jerry, did you get more than 1.5" of total increased height with the risers and PRP combination?
I don't think I noticed any seat height difference after converting to the PRPs but it has been a long time. The spacers were there before I installed the PRPs and they're still in place.

Reactions: MikeE024

I'm a little under 6'2 and wouldn't mind increasing the height some, and I plan to order suspension seats on black Friday. Not sure if 1" seat risers would be overkill with new seats.
Don't go by your height alone. I am long leg, short body and my wife is short leg long body. My 2" seat riser blocks are perfect to get the window crank out of my knee, the door strap off my elbow, and my trail view perfect. I had to remove them from the passenger side for my wife who's hair was hitting the soft top. She and I are 5'10' but completely different results. Point is that body type is important so others experience may not be reliable for you.

Don't go by your height alone. I am long leg, short body and my wife is short leg long body. My 2" seat riser blocks are perfect to get the window crank out of my knee, the door strap off my elbow, and my trail view perfect. I had to remove them from the passenger side for my wife who's hair was hitting the soft top. She and I are 5'10' but completely different results. Point is that body type is important so others experience may not be reliable for you.
There's also differing preferences/expectations. I'm short in the leg, long in the body. I didn't have "problems" per se, but I like the visibility better with the risers. I also sit closer to the wheel than most, and I don't like feeling like I'm lying down with my legs reaching OUT to the pedals, I want to reach DOWN instead. Not that that's a problem in a Jeep to start with.

Reactions: Phil Younger
I'm short in the leg, long in the body.
So, if penguins wore skirts, there's some resemblance?

BTW- you were wrong on your self assessment. Not the attributes thereof but the timing. Being fairly new to here, there was not enough info yet to understand other than you despised technology which you had not yet fleshed out into which technology you disliked. The Luddite slot fit the info at the time to a T.

So, if penguins wore skirts, there's some resemblance?

BTW- you were wrong on your self assessment. Not the attributes thereof but the timing. Being fairly new to here, there was not enough info yet to understand other than you despised technology which you had not yet fleshed out into which technology you disliked. The Luddite slot fit the info at the time to a T.
Snort! Its all good - I think we mostly got each other "figgered out". You ever have a couple of cats that just didn't get along? Best thing to do with them is throw them both into a large cardboard box, tape the lid shut, and give it a good shake or two to get things started. When the noise and the motion stops after several minutes, open it back up - the cats will be best buds!

You might have a point about the penguin. :cool:

so now it's ZORBA "THE PENGUIN" ?
I've been called worse! Long in the torso, short in the legs means I always had problems with clothes fitting - pants were too long, shirts too short. Long torso helps with my chosen dance form, but also can contribute to back problems. Short legs is probably why I like to sit close to the steering wheel. *shrug*

Reactions: tr21triton
I’m exactly 5”6, anyone have a recommendation on the 1 or 1.5in risers? I drive a 5spd so I want to make sure I can still get good clutch extension.

Our '03 had 'tall guy' extenders on the seats when it became ours. That included spacers under the front on the driver side.
When I upgraded to the JK seats, I modified the tall guy brackets for only 2" of extra space (not the original 4") and I retained the spacers. I also like how the JK seat has the adjustment on the bolster; it helps support my long legs.
BTW, the JK seats sit a bit taller than the TJ seats did, and I like it.

Everybody likes something different. Tall or not, long legs or not, there are a lot of variables. I made my own aluminum ones, started with 1.25", then cut them down to 1" after driving it a day or two.

If you have a couple of long bolts for the front, you might want to make some wooden blocks, just scrap 2x4 and 1x4 with hole through them, just to try different heights. Bolts in the front through the blocks, and some more blocks in the rear without bolts, should hold it in place to sit in it and try the clutch, steering wheel, armrest, etc. Don't drive it that way. Check your seats folded forward, they can hit the sun visors and lower dash when raised.