Has anyone used the 1" Energy Suspension body lift?

That is my understanding. In fact, my intention very soon is to remove my JKS body lift and replace it with aluminum.

And now that I know what I thought was correct is wrong I will be doing the same to mine. I need all new body mounts now also.

Reactions: zebra12 and jjvw
Well we all learn things at different times. I'll be the first to admit that I have been out of the game for a long time and many things have change since I was really active. So I might be out of touch but when something is explained to me in a way I can understand then I learn.

I remember 15 years ago most people were telling you that the poly mounts were that way to go and to not use metal spacers as they were bad. Heck 20 years ago I don't remember seeing a hard body lift spacer made.
I don't believe anything has changed regarding recommendations for or against polyurethane components in the 23 years since I got into Wranglers in 1996. I installed a 1" Performance Accessories body lift with fiberglass reinforced nylon (very hard/rigid/inflexible) spacers on my 97 TJ right around 98 or 99. Even then the advice I was given and took was to avoid polyurethane spacers, bushings, transmission mounts, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBoogieman
If you do have a serious consideration for the sliders/steps I posted about earlier, they could look goofy with a body lift. I'm not completely sure, but they might. I don't have a body lift.

Savvy 1.25" aluminum body lift with shrockworks sliders

20190326_161437.jpg

20190326_161504.jpg

I don't believe anything has changed regarding recommendations for or against polyurethane components in the 23 years since I got into Wranglers in 1996. I installed a 1" Performance Accessories body lift with fiberglass reinforced nylon (very hard/rigid/inflexible) spacers on my 97 TJ right around 98 or 99. Even then the advice I was given and took was to avoid polyurethane spacers, bushings, transmission mounts, etc.

SO... to Clear up the topic:
1 - what you recommend is a solid/metal (will be going Savvy) 1.25" BL + the OEM Rubber mount/bushing combo, vs.
2 - Poly Mount (i.e. Energy) + Savvy 1.25" BL...

If I go with Option 1, I would order:
(OEM style body mount bushings and washers) - https://www.morris4x4center.com/body-mounting-kit.html
(1.25" Savvy Body Lift) - https://savvyoffroad.com/product/sav-bltj/

Thoughts or experiences on bl spacers made from ultra high molecular weight (UHMW) polyethylene?

seems to be rock solid.

Thoughts or experiences on bl spacers made from ultra high molecular weight (UHMW) polyethylene?

seems to be rock solid.

That's the problem right there 🎯
They're counterproductive it appears .
I found this link searching for rubber +lift alternatives to rigid poly