Hate this Samsung curved screen

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I've had Samsung phones for the better part of a decade. And as a diehard (free person) android user. I love both the phone and the operating system.

But damn. That curved gorilla glass. Although strong as hell and rarely breaks. Has that curved edge!

That curved edge is the bane of my existance!

It falls right at the point of the letter "P" on the keyboard. So I am constantly using the auto spell check at the top of the keyboard to replace just about every word with a "P" in it! It's such a hassle!

Yes. I could make the keyboard smaller to avoid the edge. Or reduce my screen size altogether to shrink it down. And completely avoid the edges of my screen.

But I bought an S20 Note Ultra 5g for a reason. CAUSE ITS GOT A BIG ASS SCREEN! Lmao!!!

And yes, I've tried other keyboards. All of them. But it always just boils down to reducing its size. When there is barely enough space to type with your thumbs as it is. (I don't know what I would do with a smaller phone!) I currently use Gboard. Which is the best one imho. I really like it. For a number of reasons. Although I wish the clipboard was bigger and longer lasting.

The curved glass actually serves no purpose what-so-ever. Its just a marketing gimmick. That can't die soon enough.

I haven't a clue what he's talking about beyond dissatisfaction with the on-screen keyboard (color me surprised).

The edge on Samsungs is curved. It makes it very hard to hit the letter "P". So I'm constantly having to respell any words with the letter "P".

It's my only complaint. So shut your pie hole if your gonna @ me with a bunch of Iphone propaganda! 😜😜😜 Lol!

Joking!

(And yes, I had to respell the word "pie hole"!)

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
For what its worth I think I'm going to look at Google phones. And other. Definitely getting off of AT&T after 20 years. Don't get me started on those crooks! Lol.

I still a year or so of payments left on our phones.

I've had a galaxy note 10+ for 5 years and yes that p took a while to get used to, but It no longer bothers me ! mine is in a otter box so it's not as pronounced though...

The edge on Samsungs is curved. It makes it very hard to hit the letter "P". So I'm constantly having to respell any words with the letter "P".

It's my only complaint. So shut your pie hole if your gonna @ me with a bunch of Iphone propaganda! 😜😜😜 Lol!

Joking!

(And yes, I had to respell the word "pie hole"!)

Fuck the iPhone, Android, and any/all smartphones.

I have an otterbox on my galaxy s10 plus, the curvature of the screen has never bothered me. Its been a solid phone for 4 years now. I did replace my battery last year due to swelling, but it was only $80 to get it replaced.

Reactions: tr21triton
Fuck the iPhone, Android, and any/all smartphones.

we know Zorba you still have a bag phone :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
il_fullxfull.572819759_nwxd.jpg

Last edited:
we know Zorba you still have a bag phone :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 400217

I had a Panasonic bag phone for 18 years. I'd still be using it today if they hadn't turned off the old analog "G1" cell service. Loved that thing. It had a real handset, nice big buttons, and zero battery worries. Also had great range, and good audio.

Reactions: ColoJeep
. Also had great range, and good audio.
Remember the commercial way back when that boasted you could hear a pin drop over their phone? We had a communication class taught by an industry old timer who loved his analog phone, he told us audio quality went out the window in favor of data bandwidth.

Reactions: Zorba
Remember the commercial way back when that boasted you could hear a pin drop over their phone? We had a communication class taught by an industry old timer who loved his analog phone, he told us audio quality went out the window in favor of data bandwidth.

He's not wrong, although audio quality even on a POTS line was never the greatest. My Sonim has outstanding (for what it is) audio - far better than my wife's smartphone, and better than my previous phone as well.

I've had Samsung phones for the better part of a decade. And as a diehard (free person) android user. I love both the phone and the operating system.

But damn. That curved gorilla glass. Although strong as hell and rarely breaks. Has that curved edge!

That curved edge is the bane of my existance!

It falls right at the point of the letter "P" on the keyboard. So I am constantly using the auto spell check at the top of the keyboard to replace just about every word with a "P" in it! It's such a hassle!

Yes. I could make the keyboard smaller to avoid the edge. Or reduce my screen size altogether to shrink it down. And completely avoid the edges of my screen.

But I bought an S20 Note Ultra 5g for a reason. CAUSE ITS GOT A BIG ASS SCREEN! Lmao!!!

And yes, I've tried other keyboards. All of them. But it always just boils down to reducing its size. When there is barely enough space to type with your thumbs as it is. (I don't know what I would do with a smaller phone!) I currently use Gboard. Which is the best one imho. I really like it. For a number of reasons. Although I wish the clipboard was bigger and longer lasting.

The curved glass actually serves no purpose what-so-ever. Its just a marketing gimmick. That can't die soon enough.

The only large computer screen I'll use is a curved screen, but curved screens are pointless as a TV because the viewer is much further away.

For what its worth I think I'm going to look at Google phones. And other. Definitely getting off of AT&T after 20 years. Don't get me started on those crooks! Lol.

I still a year or so of payments left on our phones.

My son has the Pixel 6, wife has the Pixel 7. Both like them.

I've had nothing but Samsung for probably the last 10 years. I'm using the S20, no complaints. Wife just got rid of her Samsung A series. That thing was a piece of shit.