Hate to say it but the day has come

I hate to say it but the day has come. I haven’t been able to drive the Lj all summer due to issues I have been having with my hearing. It’s just too loud no matter what I do. I made the decision over the weekend after talking to the wife, it’s time to let someone actually enjoy the tithing instead of sitting in the garage tormenting me. It’s listed in the for sale area. If anyone is looking for a clean Lj. 😢

View attachment 113040

View attachment 113041

View attachment 113042

View attachment 113043

View attachment 113044
Aww man she's beautiful. Sorry for your loss.

Wonder if a hard top would lesson the frequency?

Well I decided to say screw it and I bought a hardtop. Put it on today and took it for a ride, it made the pressure in my ears and head 10 times worse. When I got back I couldn’t even sit in it while it was running it bothers me so much. So now I have a nice Lj with a hard top and soft top for sale. I’m done and completely disgusted at this point.

I hate to say it but the day has come. I haven’t been able to drive the Lj all summer due to issues I have been having with my hearing. It’s just too loud no matter what I do.
At the ripe old age of 72 I have significant hearing issues and wear two VA provided hearing aids. My TJ is even noisier than yours but I just replace my hearing aids with ear plugs and drive.

Well I decided to say screw it and I bought a hardtop. Put it on today and took it for a ride, it made the pressure in my ears and head 10 times worse. When I got back I couldn’t even sit in it while it was running it bothers me so much. So now I have a nice Lj with a hard top and soft top for sale. I’m done and completely disgusted at this point.

Well that sucks monkey butt brah! Sorry it played out that way. If it's any consolation, I still have vibes.

I wish I could do that. Along with the new found tinnitus I have a also apparently have Hyperacusis, which is an increased sensitivity to sound. So for example the sound of my two dogs barking sounds like my ear is next to a Marshall stack amplifier at a death metal concert turned up full blast. Or when my neighbor that is about a 1/4 mile through the woods away from me is using their weed whacker it sounds like they are running it in my kitchen.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I'm scared to put my hardtop back on. With the noise of the soft top I can barely hear the harmonic. That frickin hard top acts like a speaker amplifier for the drivetrain I swear to Pete!

Luckily enough two turns in the rear arms and The vibe is now gone. Still hurts me head to drive it but it’s at least vibe free again. My next purchase is 5 gallons of gas and a flare.