Hello from Jurupa Valley, CA

Jagguy

I've been wanting another Jeep for a while and finally found one in really good shape.
I've had a 63 Wagoneer that I travelled Central America in during the mid 70's and 2 different Cherokee XJ that were great Jeeps. I wanted to get a Wrangler before I got too old to bash around!

I found a super clean completely rust free 2002 TJ "X" model and grabbed it. Obviously never abused.
Has a 3" lift with BFG MT 33x12.5x15 tires that are 3 weeks old with 60 mi on them.
Has a trac-loc in the front and open in the back.

Still has the stock axles with the nose bleed 3.07 gears. I'm wondering if the PO sold it after discovering how poor it performs with the big tires on it?

Anyway, looking forward to getting it cleaned up to my standards and doing some ez trails while I determine whether I re gear it or trade the tires for some 31x10.50's.

Looking forward to all the info found here!

20211208_140408.jpg

Resized_20211123_150947.jpeg

Resized_20211123_151005.jpeg

congrats 🍻

p.s. with brand new tires I'd regear it for ~$1200

Welcome to the forum!

Nice looking Jeep!

Going smaller tires is the budget way to get better performance, but if you like that tire size and look, then a regear is the way to go.

I like my 33’s, so I chose to regear and was happy I did. It’s got the big tires and it’s stock performance. But it’s definitely not the cheap route!

But while you’re thinking about what you’ll do, go wheel that pup!