Hello from Marietta, Georgia

jeepson40s

Hey everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I have had this 2003 Rubicon since 2010 and just went through a major build in January 2019 to and went from a stock Rubicon drivetrain and lightly modded body/tub to what we have today. I am putting on a supercharger (Boosted Tech TJ kit) and will putting up a full review of it in the next few weeks (The kit and the service).

I bought this 03 Intense Blue Pearl Rubicon stock from a buy here pay here lot...they had just got it from the auction and had no idea what they had. They unloaded it and put it online and i had the cash and went by and bought it. I have been slowly building it over the past 10 years but finally went to my current setup in Jan 19 and it has been incredible. A few of my buddies helped build it over the course of three months and it was a great experience.

Here are a few pics and if you want more info, just let me know. I am glad to see there is a TJ specific forum.

75250906_10157878658769429_5449897857458896896_o.jpg

59624675_10157357629399429_5873760406010331136_o.jpg

Welcome. Close neighbor here.

Do you wheel in Georgia a lot? I am desperate for some good local spots that aren't private property.

Reactions: DWR
Welcome. Close neighbor here.

Do you wheel in Georgia a lot? I am desperate for some good local spots that aren't private property.

Your best bet is to go riding with a local club. I ride with a club called Georgia Trail Riders and I have been with them for about 8 years. When I started wheeling, I was in the same spot you were in and joining a club really gave me the ability to wheel on a scheduled basis. I like this club because they post their riding schedule in December for the entire next year. There are a few other clubs around but GATR fit my needs and they go riding every month which is nice.

Reactions: 2006TJ1
Welcome. Nice rig! I bought my first TJ when I lived in Atlanta. Hung with Southern Jeeps way back in the day. Great bunch of guys.

Welcome to a great forum for us TJ owners. If you're ever looking for someone to go wheel with feel free to reach out. I live in Buckhead so only about 20 minutes from Marietta.

Damn, that's quite a built TJ, it looks awesome!

They never made the 03-06 Rubicon models in that color to my knowledge, so someone must have painted it. Still, I really love that color!

Damn, that's quite a built TJ, it looks awesome!

They never made the 03-06 Rubicon models in that color to my knowledge, so someone must have painted it. Still, I really love that color!

They made 328 of them (Rubicons) in the intense blue pearl for the 03 model only and discontinued the color for 04 and up. I verified it through Chrysler and the color code is PB3 on the tub sticker.

Reactions: Chris
They made 328 of them (Rubicons) in the intense blue pearl for the 03 model only and discontinued the color for 04 and up. I verified it through Chrysler and the color code is PB3 on the tub sticker.

That explains why I've never seen it, it's so rare! Either way, I love that color.

@Starrs, this would be an awesome color for a TJ Rubicon ;)

I was out on one of my first rides and someone asked me about the color and they told me it was really rare. He also advised me to email Chrysler and get the build numbers because he had never seen them either.

I did find out that Chrysler will answer ANY production stat question you ask them. Their turnaround was about a week to get the build sheet and prod numbers.

If anyone is interested, here is the address I used in 2013 - [email protected]

Another fun fact about that color is that it's EXPENSIVE. When I got my metalcloaks, I got a quart of it and the "hookup price" was 230$ from PPG. I called a paint shop a few months ago to get another quart and it was almost 350$ for the quart.