Help: Axle Rotated During Spring Install

Bratch

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’ve been working to install H&R springs with a ¾” spacer and Bilstein 5100s the past couple days following this wonderful thread https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/stock-spring-swap-walk-thru-with-pics.12655/#post-202026

I was having trouble getting the springs to slip in with the spacers so I dropped the lower suspension arms. After putting everything back together I noticed the axle out of alignment. I dropped everything again and realigned. After the second time it was better but still rotatated out of alignment.

The left side is in place but the right side is out.
5E92509A-E160-45A6-B073-A47F2F805FC8.jpeg
1C74D458-E873-4346-95DF-7E10485E68E2.jpeg

Will the right side slip back into place as I put everything back together or do I need to do something else? Bolts are just there to hold in place they have not been tightened down.

You can probably tug the axle by the wheel studs and have a buddy tighten the bolt. No biggie! Maybe loosen your shock bolts so you're not putting that sideways force on the shaft when you move the axle

Last edited:
You have not completed your profile so one must guess as to your model/yr but I had a similar issue on my 05 when I replaced my front lower arms. I got the axle to move by turning the steering wheel with the tires on the ground.

It’s a 2004 LJ. I’ll give it a tug tomorrow and if no luck I’ll try the tires.

Thanks guys.

Turning the tires once back on the ground and pushong the axle to the final spot got it lined back up.

Thanks guys. This site is awesome

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited