Help Diagnosing Clutch issue

Rango04TJX

hey guys I bought an 04 wrangler x back in February. Seemed like a good guy owned it and didn't put too many miles on it. Currently at 94k miles. This morning on my way to the bank my clutch started making a strange noise and the pedal felt stiffer than normal and sticky when fully pressed. Slave/master cylinders were serviced in 2019 at 80k miles. Plates, springs and TOB have never been serviced to my knowledge. Anyone recognize this noise or have any idea what it could be? I called a local shop and they told me it was likely the TOB or a dislodged clutch plate spring. If I do need new plates, can anyone advise which kit I should get? Like what material, blade count, friction points etc, oem or aftermarket. I'm new to buying clutch parts but I work at a dealership as a lot porter and I have quite a bit of experience working on vehicles. thanks guys! (Engine is bone stock other than a magnaflow catback exhaust. 4.0L I6 with the NV35505 5 Speed manual tranny)

Attachments

• IMG_3334.MOV
    21.2 MB
I would start by checking the, IIRC, 9/16 bellhousing bolts. I stopped a trip early, and did unnecessary work, because I thought my TOB was going bad when I should have crawled under my jeep and noticed a slight gap between the transmission and engine and a missing bolt.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford