Help Getting Transfer Case Linkage Back Together

AceShooter

Can someone give me some tips/tricks on getting my transfer case linkage back together?
3ec7189ed362a24ab0a026e6ad075881.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replace it with a cable shifter conversion. I have the Advanced Adapters unit and am happy with it.
The stock shifter linkage was poorly designed and not worth keeping.

BTW, I wish I could be of more help, but I literally just ripped mine out and never looked back, so I have no idea how it goes back together. It was a pain in the butt enough to get apart when I replaced it with the Savvy unit.

Can someone give me some tips/tricks on getting my transfer case linkage back together?View attachment 74089

The black bushing has to pop off the peg and then get pressed into the bellcrank. Once that is done then you can pop the peg back into the bushing. It does not however, pop out unless something is wrong or you yanked on it trying to shift it.

Which might mean that it is mis-aligned due to lift, body lift, etc.

Can someone give me some tips/tricks on getting my transfer case linkage back together?View attachment 74089

Looks like you may have a body lift because one end of the bellcrank shaft isn’t even in the hole from misalignment. If that’s the case you’re probably better off replacing it with an aftermarket cable style as already suggested.