Help me figure out what I have?

I’ve had some vibration and the death wobble happened once but not again in quite some time.

That said, I plan to replace everything.

Suggestions?

Start with the power steering test. If you watch that mount when you do so, you'll note that there is movement where the powdery rust is creeping out.
1714483914866.png

Last edited:
Start with the power steering test. If you watch that mount when you do so, you'll not that there is movement where the powdery rust is creeping out.
View attachment 523020

I haven't seen this before. It's kind of interesting. Dropping the frame side track bar mount and pitman arm make sense to me with regard to steering geometry. Also, that set up moves the track bar a little forward which may have the advantage of allowing moving the axle forward slightly? But, as has been said, the execution is lacking rigidity due to the increased length of/leverage on the track bar bracket. It seems like sleeved bolts and a cross brace would be required.

I haven't seen this before. It's kind of interesting. Dropping the frame side track bar mount and pitman arm make sense to me with regard to steering geometry. Also, that set up moves the track bar a little forward which may have the advantage of allowing moving the axle forward slightly? But, as has been said, the execution is lacking rigidity due to the increased length of/leverage on the track bar bracket. It seems like sleeved bolts and a cross brace would be required.
Been around forever. Lots have been "fixed" by welding the mount to the frame but they suck to remove when you figure out how much uptravel has to be removed. Geometry is not the only consideration.

Reactions: Sean B and Woodrow