Help me pick an ACC carpet color for my khaki interior

JM_TJ

TJ Enthusiast
Looking to go for a set of ACC carpets after reading the glowing reviews for it on here. I'm trying to find the right carpet to match my Khaki interior. I'll be also installing black leather seats. It's not possible to order samples from ACC to London so I was wondering what you all thought would be the best match with the Khaki interior. Anyone with a Khaki interior get it installed in their Jeep? Here's the options I've narrowed down to:

Essex_1076_Thumbnail.jpg

Prairie Tan

Essex-1035Beige_Thumbnail.jpg

Beige

Essex-1053Silver_Thumbnail.jpg

Silver

Essex_1038_Thumbnail.jpg

Light Charcoal

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6049716&cc=1432231&jsn=60

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide which color to replace carpet with also, I will be doin a darker color, one that hides coffee stains.
Check out Rockauto.com for the carpeting. They are quite a bit cheaper than ordering direct from ACC.
Make sure you order it with the mass backing.

I'm trying to decide which color to replace carpet with also, I will be doin a darker color, one that hides coffee stains.
Check out Rockauto.com for the carpeting. They are quite a bit cheaper than ordering direct from ACC.
Make sure you order it with the mass backing.
Thanks, yeah, I'll be ordering it from Rock Auto. Going with the Mass Backed Essex!

I recently put in an ACC. I have the Tan interior and went with the slate. For my eye it’s a good shade to hide dirt without being as obvious as a straight up black. Did’t want to use a tan color carpet, too much matchy-matchy and would show dark dirt tracked in from snow, etc. The slate I’m hoping won’t need to be hoovered as often, it is a Jeep after all and will get dirty.

Reactions: JM_TJ
Looking to go for a set of ACC carpets after reading the glowing reviews for it on here. I'm trying to find the right carpet to match my Khaki interior. I'll be also installing black leather seats. It's not possible to order samples from ACC to London so I was wondering what you all thought would be the best match with the Khaki interior. Anyone with a Khaki interior get it installed in their Jeep? Here's the options I've narrowed down to:

View attachment 231528
Prairie Tan

View attachment 231529
Beige

View attachment 231530
Silver

View attachment 231531
Light Charcoal

Are the carpet sets handed ffor LHD and RHD?
Have you found a place to get your seats re-upholstered?
Sounds look you may have the nicest TJ for miles around in the very near future 👍

Reactions: JM_TJ
Are the carpet sets handed ffor LHD and RHD?
Have you found a place to get your seats re-upholstered?
Sounds look you may have the nicest TJ for miles around in the very near future 👍
Haha, here's hoping @UKTJ! Yeah, I was recommended a Coachtrimmer in West London. His work is incredible, proper old school craftsman and his prices were very reasonable. Seats going in next week.

Re the carpets, on the Rockauto site it says "pads not included" so I'm assuming/hoping they mean the foot pad in which case it should fit fine.

@Kid Mechanic he's referring to the foot pad in the photo under the pedals. The parking brake is in the same position as the LHD.

Last edited:
I have khaki interior too and will probably replace the carpet in the next year or so. Since nothing will be an exact match/replacement, I like the idea of a little contrast like the light charcoal. Seems like it would also hide the dirt well - not so light it stains and won't show everything like black would.

Yes, it’s molded in.
I put in their front floor mats for extra wear protection and better dirt control, also.
I thought it looked like it was in the picture, not sure what they mean by pad.
The rear footwell is also handed, ie not symetrical but no idea what that is allowing for.

The rear footwell is also handed, ie not symetrical but no idea what that is allowing for.
The heel pad is just a landing pad to help from wearing the carpet in the high traffic area. It’s a plastic material of sorts.

Not sure either. Going to have a look in my Jeep tomorrow. Re the pad, I saw they sell floor mats to match so I could just have them on top to cover the pad on the passenger side.

Managed to get ACC to ship samples to me here! Will make the matching process easier.

Reactions: JMT and UKTJ
Not sure either. Going to have a look in my Jeep tomorrow. Re the pad, I saw they sell floor mats to match so I could just have them on top to cover the pad on the passenger side.

Managed to get ACC to ship samples to me here! Will make the matching process easier.
Result getting them to ship samples!
It would be interesting to know what they mean by ‘pad sold separately’, maybe just a mistake.

View attachment 231528
Prairie Tan

View attachment 231529
Beige

View attachment 231530
Silver

View attachment 231531
Light Charcoal

So if you’re trying to match the factory color, Quadratec did the work for you already. If you go to their site and choose the 03-06 ACC carpet kit you get two options. The beige or the slate. The beige is supposed to replace the khaki color you have.

Reactions: JMT and Fishtaco