Help needed with RHD pitman arm issue

I’m sure your right the output spline is 1.215” I think the crown one is manufactured too small.i will crack the nut on my 06 tj pitman tomorrow and check for sure the spline measurements that way I can order a Rhd mopar arm and fingers crossed it will fit.looking at the dropped xj one I took off proves your theory and is probably a lhd as the flat splines are in the opposite orientation.sorry about not getting the wag thing I had to laugh when I got it. Thanks

Reactions: mrblaine
I’ve found some numbers 7812145 on the steering box which after google says it’s a gm box does anyone know of a compatible standard pitman arm I could use or should the standard jeep ones fit ?
Thanks.mark

I don't mean to muddy these waters, but I know some Jeeps (dunno about TJ's) used a Saginaw steering gear. And a common CJ upgrade is to use the Hummer H1 steering gear, which is also a GM box. Also, did the Durango come in a RHD? That's another "common" steering gear swap I beleive. I wish I could help you figure this out.

I don't mean to muddy these waters, but I know some Jeeps (dunno about TJ's) used a Saginaw steering gear. And a common CJ upgrade is to use the Hummer H1 steering gear, which is also a GM box. Also, did the Durango come in a RHD? That's another "common" steering gear swap I beleive. I wish I could help you figure this out.

97-02 used the Saginaw gear, 03-06 used the ZF gear. All of them use the same pitman arm so they are forward and backward compatible. This is an issue of Crown sending the wrong part regardless of what else fits what.

Reactions: hear
97-02 used the Saginaw gear, 03-06 used the ZF gear. All of them use the same pitman arm so they are forward and backward compatible. This is an issue of Crown sending the wrong part regardless of what else fits what.
TIL.

seems like this is a simple case of OP just needing to send it back then.

Thanks guys I will send it back. can you for-see problems if I use a lhd as I’m struggling finding an alternative Rhd pitman.