Help Putting LJ Into Neutral Without Keys

Bitar100

TJ Enthusiast
How do you put a Jeep LJ Automatic Transmission 2006 into Neutral without the keys?

Is there an interlock shift button you can press under the “PDRN21” cover?

If there is a video or a detailed picture post please anyone help I’m getting a car delivered need to inform the driver.

The interlock prevents it- he needs to unhook the transmission shifter at the transmission and shift it into neutral by hand at the transmission lever - passenger side of tranny.

The interlock prevents it- he needs to unhook the transmission shifter at the transmission and shift it into neutral by hand at the transmission lever - passenger side of tranny.

There’s not any other way like in the center console? Like other vehicles where you press a button while shifting the handle?

How do you put a Jeep LJ Automatic Transmission 2006 into Neutral without the keys?

If there is a video or a detailed picture post please anyone help I’m getting a car delivered need to inform the driver.

You really should do a little simple research on line this took me about 15 seconds:

You really should do a little simple research on line this took me about 15 seconds:

The issue is not that it’s broken, my issue is the Jeep doesn’t have keys and it’s being transported and wanted to know if there was an interlock shift button in the center console to over ride it and allow you to shift it without the keys.

Reactions: Rygrego
There’s not any other way like in the center console? Like other vehicles where you press a button while shifting the handle?

You can probably monkey with it there that you may end up creating problems later on down the road and I think throwing the transfer case in neutral is the best go to answer- Credit goes to the member above.

How to steal a Jeep 101... =)

-Mac

This reminds me of the occasional conversation when a customer of my construction company tells me they forgot to leave a key hid and ask if we can get into the house- “yes mam, my guys know how......” 🙃

Reactions: macleanflood

find the keys!

Don’t worry I got it figured out, the Jeep had keys apparently

Moved up to carjacking? =)

I spent 30 minutes the other day breaking the ignition lock on an old Ford Ranger dumped in the woods. Had to move the wheels to get it to steer straight on to the dump trailer.

How meth heads can do it so quick is beyond me. But I suppose with a little practice...

-Mac

Reactions: Rygrego