Help sorting out a few things

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Hey,

So i'm trying to wrap up my engine install and I have a few things that I cannot figure out where they go. Hoping someone can help me out here please.

Pic 1: I feel like this mounted to the passenger side of the block directly but I do not have any clue, the only hole in the block in that area is a threaded hole and bolts I have to thread into it do not fit through the hole in the piece i'm holding it the picture...so it doesn't make sense to me. Anyone have a pic of where and how this is oriented on the block or wherever the mounting location is?

Pic 2/3: This is a plug that I have no idea as to what is it, where it goes, or if it's relevant to anything on my Jeep or if its something wired into the harness but for options or accessories I don't have. Anyone have any clue here? I'm basically pulling that plug as far forward as possible to take the picture but it seem like it lives back further near the Oil Pump Sending Unit Sensor...

Please let me know! There are just a few loose ends holding me back from breaking this new engine in at this point.

In pic 1, I recall seeing that thing bolted to the side of the block. I'm not sure what it's for, though. I would just mount it to any handy bolt on the block.

Reactions: EJD
Hey,

So i'm trying to wrap up my engine install and I have a few things that I cannot figure out where they go. Hoping someone can help me out here please.

Pic 1: I feel like this mounted to the passenger side of the block directly but I do not have any clue, the only hole in the block in that area is a threaded hole and bolts I have to thread into it do not fit through the hole in the piece i'm holding it the picture...so it doesn't make sense to me. Anyone have a pic of where and how this is oriented on the block or wherever the mounting location is?

Pic 2/3: This is a plug that I have no idea as to what is it, where it goes, or if it's relevant to anything on my Jeep or if its something wired into the harness but for options or accessories I don't have. Anyone have any clue here? I'm basically pulling that plug as far forward as possible to take the picture but it seem like it lives back further near the Oil Pump Sending Unit Sensor...

Please let me know! There are just a few loose ends holding me back from breaking this new engine in at this point.

View attachment 90843View attachment 90844
View attachment 90845
Pic1 one goes here.
6EFB6235-E020-45D6-BB37-C2AF52D0E138.jpeg

Thanks guys, I will try and bolt up that thing in pic 1 right above the oil filter then.

Pic 2/3 maybe the connector to the battery temp sensor?
So its not the battery temp sensor, because I can search the web to see what they look like and it has a different smaller connector, this thing has the red safety clip and is bigger. Thanks for the suggestion though! I am at a a loss here as to what this thing is...

Another things is, this plug seems to be connected to the main wiring harness, and not leading to the battery tray. Kind of reminds me of the "ABS plug on the other side, which is hardwired in but not connected to anything since I don't have ABS...

Last edited:
Well, it might be a PITA but, you could go through the FSM looking at the connector locations diagrams. See if you could figure out the connector number then locate which circuit it is, then where it goes.

OTH, maybe you found the secret, government installed plugged that, when disconnected, turns the 4.0 into a 350hp monster.

Wait, I'm dreaming. Time for more coffee...