Help troubleshooting leak

Stretch

TJ Enthusiast
Hi all,
I have a leak in the front right of the Jeep somewhere? (edit ... on the passenger side) I can't seem to trace it up but only see the spray/puddle on the ground below. It is kinda thick like oil but more clear and appears to dry up after a few days on the garage floor.
I tried shining a light up to see where it's coming from but can't figure it out.
Leak isn't there after every ride either. It has showed up a few times in the last few weeks.
Any help would be awesome.
Cheers,

Last edited:
Front right as you're looking at the jeep? So Driver's side? Im thinking PS fluid? Check the fittings on the pump & steering gearbox. Might only happen at full lock, when the pressure is at it's max. Maybe an o-ring gave up the ghost?

Front right as you're looking at the jeep? So Driver's side? Im thinking PS fluid? Check the fittings on the pump & steering gearbox. Might only happen at full lock, when the pressure is at it's max. Maybe an o-ring gave up the ghost?

opps ya good point... front passenger side...

left and right side of a vehicle is always facing forward as you sit in the driver seat. Just sayin. You might have a heater core leak of heater hise leak and it might be antifreez you are seeing if as you say it drys up after a few days.

Hi all,
I have a leak in the front right of the Jeep somewhere? (edit ... on the passenger side) I can't seem to trace it up but only see the spray/puddle on the ground below. It is kinda thick like oil but more clear and appears to dry up after a few days on the garage floor.
I tried shining a light up to see where it's coming from but can't figure it out.
Leak isn't there after every ride either. It has showed up a few times in the last few weeks.
Any help would be awesome.
Cheers,

Any relation to a/c usage.