Help with CJ7 on coil springs

Front and rear sway bars can be a magical thing.
Yeah, really need them on the road.

If you look at them for this CJ7 with TJ suspension, the rear on a TJ I find to be pretty basic, can't be that hard to figure something out, and it never comes off.

The front, with that suspension, you should look at quick disconnects, pull it off when you wheel, and back when you hit the road, @jjvw isn't exaggerating about magical, ha, I broke a front and the ride back in the Texas hill country was .... exciting at times, certainly different without it.

Front and rear sway bars can be magical off road, as well.

Buy the way, cpwolf I see your in Cedar Park, TX. well, boy your from my neck of the woods. I was born in Bastrop, so small world right?

Buy the way, cpwolf I see your in Cedar Park, TX. well, boy your from my neck of the woods. I was born in Bastrop, so small world right?
I know Bastrop well, they were in our Football District for a few years, and have some friends that work at Bluebonnet Electric. You wheel sometime in Central Texas let me know, but in El Paso you're closer to California than here almost, ha.

I'm not close nothing out here, ( Well that not true I'm 26 miles from Las Cruces NM. some of the best four wheeling around).

Well I wanted to give you guys an update on my jeep. I took it on some trails in Las Cruces N.M. And I am very pleased. It rides so much better and the articulation is fantastic compared to the leaf springs. I have not disconnected the front sway bar yet so to will be even better when I do that. Now I still need to add a rear sway bar and the front one may not be what I want in the long run as it is much smaller than what I see on tjs . Something that seems weird to me is the way the body moves from the torque of the motor when I put the jeep in drive or reverse, there is a great deal of body twist. Do you guys experience this? I know the springs are soft and I have a v8 with automatic but it feels really strange maybe because the sway bars are correct but boy there is a lot of movement, I don't guess this hurts anything just feels abnormal.

image.jpeg

I need advice from you wrangler guys. I have a 81 cj7 that I've had for over 20 years lots of mods done to it 350 chevy tbi, 700r trans, dana 44s front /rear, so on and so on. I always loved the ride of a tj wrangler so i decided to copy the suspension of a 2000 tj . I built a three link setup and used stock tj coils for that nice soft ride. Problem is its too soft. With skyjacker shocks 7000s . You can push the front or rear up and down with your hand ,it is like a car. Have you guys ever tried this on your wrangler with out the shocks on? Mine is like a pogo stick with out the shocks on . So i need to go a stiffer shock but which one I want that smoth stock tj ride, I not hard core rock 4wheeler , so I don't want it too stiff. . Some of you guys talked about 5000 ranchos would this be the way to go ? anyone know the rating of this shock compared to what the factory put on a stock tj? Thanks
Coil springs will naturally act like a pogo stick without shocks. The job of the shocks is to return the coil springs to ride height in a comfortable manner.

Your rig is so custom, hard to say what shock would be best.

EDIT:I need to look at the dates on these posts before posting. 😬

Well I wanted to give you guys an update on my jeep. I took it on some trails in Las Cruces N.M. And I am very pleased. It rides so much better and the articulation is fantastic compared to the leaf springs. I have not disconnected the front sway bar yet so to will be even better when I do that. Now I still need to add a rear sway bar and the front one may not be what I want in the long run as it is much smaller than what I see on tjs . Something that seems weird to me is the way the body moves from the torque of the motor when I put the jeep in drive or reverse, there is a great deal of body twist. Do you guys experience this? I know the springs are soft and I have a v8 with automatic but it feels really strange maybe because the sway bars are correct but boy there is a lot of movement, I don't guess this hurts anything just feels abnormal.

View attachment 200253

Sounds like a perfect spot