Help with steering

Crashmymax

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I need to figure out why my steering sucks. I believe it should be much better then it is. On uneven roads it likes to pull left and right making it no fun to drive. I would like to go at it systematically so I don't throw unnecessary parts at it but need help doing so. I'll list new parts. Were should I start?
Currie 4" anti rock with adjustable control arms
Currie correct link
Adjustable rear sway bar
New spicer ball joints
Alignment twice by different shops.
16516776879656566896851568532693.jpg

Any recommendations on what the castor should be set to? 4" lift 35" tires. I'm thinking 5* based off what I've seen on the internet.

Started at 30 psi and worked my way down to 20psi in 2 psi increments. 24psi seems to be the best. It's getting an alignment now and wondering were I should have them set the caster. These guys will provide a print out. Thanks

Generally caster setting is a byproduct of where your pinion angle is set to avoid vibrations. 5 degrees should not be causing you any issues.
What shocks are you running? If they are super soft combined with the AR sway bar that may be a bit soft/free.

Well it's hard to say since I started modding the Jeep as soon as I bought it. The lift kit has been on for over a year but the Jeep has less than a 100 miles since installed because of a supercharger project. Now that I'm up and running again I'm putting some miles on it and the wife and kid don't like driving it because of the squirrelliness.

I had a similar issue when I tried the 5000 shocks. I can duplicate it now if I turn down the settings on my 9000xl adjustable ranchos. I am running stock front sway bar. Are you running the AR in the stiffest setting?

I had a similar issue when I tried the 5000 shocks. I can duplicate it now if I turn down the settings on my 9000xl adjustable ranchos. I am running stock front sway bar. Are you running the AR in the stiffest setting?
No my AR has 3 holes I noticed some have more. I put mine in the middle. I'll try putting it in the stiffest setting when I get it back from the alignment shop.

Reactions: Gollywomper
Yes I still have the rear sway bar.
Alignment shop just called and said they were unable to align my jeep and asked if they can take it to another shop. I said yes of course. So this might be an alignment problem after all. Curious the last 2 shops said it was aligned but did not provide a print out. 🤔

my jeep has a 3.5” lift and was wandering all over the road after lift was installed. good alignment and rotated the tires front to back to get my best tires on the front cured mine. had to farm out lift install cause i have no place to work on it and firmly believe they didn’t do an alignment or did it wrong. aligned it myself and then had a different shop check it. they said it was spot on at 1/8 toe in. easiest thing to align yourself.