Help with the SwayLOC

The best method we have found is to start a bushing on one end of the big bar after putting the lube in it. Stick that through the crossmember and get the bushing put on for the other end. Stick the tool through the bar, center the top hats, start cranking it in.

The bushings try to squish out around any flange that is smaller. The ID of the top hat is big enough to fit over the large bar. Depth is 1" total. Move and it doesn't work as well, less and it will bottom out on the bar before the bushing is seated.

View attachment 353882

View attachment 353883

View attachment 353884

Mine went right in?biggest pain I had was when I was using their tool to push this outer bar on I didn’t realize you need the bolt-washer on the drivers side and I pulled the whole thing through-lol!

image.jpg

Mine went right in?biggest pain I had was when I was using their tool to push this outer bar on I didn’t realize you need the bolt-washer on the drivers side and I pulled the whole thing through-lol!

View attachment 353951

I suspect you fully understand that if we found they went right in, we would not have spent the time to make a tool to install them. We got tired of trying to beat the bushings in, move the bar, beat it from the other side, beat the bar to center it and then have that push the bushing out.

I suspect you fully understand that if we found they went right in, we would not have spent the time to make a tool to install them. We got tired of trying to beat the bushings in, move the bar, beat it from the other side, beat the bar to center it and then have that push the bushing out.

I hear ya,I guess when I was at dans and he called ya about them sending me the older inner bar.it had already been installed once,maybe that helped the second time

If I were doing a bunch of them, I’d build a tool. For one install, I just fought with it.
I definitely can agree with this. I very much appreciate Blaine's tool but I would have spent more time building that than installing my one swayloc.

For mine I just greased the outer bit of the bushings and pounded them in with a board to help disperse the impact, took about 10 minutes. I got one side of arms put on the inner/outer torsion bars (passenger) by setting them on a block of wood and using a deadblow (thicker bar first). Fed that assembly through the bushings and used a bolt to pull the driver side on after getting it started (I opened the split a little with a taped up pry bar on this side).

Reactions: DrDmoney and JMT
I definitely can agree with this. I very much appreciate Blaine's tool but I would have spent more time building that than installing my one swayloc.

For mine I just greased the outer bit of the bushings and pounded them in with a board to help disperse the impact, took about 10 minutes. I got one side of arms put on the inner/outer torsion bars (passenger) by setting them on a block of wood and using a deadblow (thicker bar first). Fed that assembly through the bushings and used a bolt to pull the driver side on after getting it started (I opened the split a little with a taped up pry bar on this side).
I very much appreciate Blaine's tool. 😲

😂😂

The best method we have found is to start a bushing on one end of the big bar after putting the lube in it. Stick that through the crossmember and get the bushing put on for the other end. Stick the tool through the bar, center the top hats, start cranking it in.

The bushings try to squish out around any flange that is smaller. The ID of the top hat is big enough to fit over the large bar. Depth is 1" total. Move and it doesn't work as well, less and it will bottom out on the bar before the bushing is seated.

View attachment 353882

View attachment 353883

View attachment 353884

MrBlaine, have gone back 4 pages and don't see a parts list for your 'tool'. Everything but the top hat washer/bushings looks easily sourced. Are you selling the top hats or are they a common part that everyone but me has in their tool box?? If I don't have a source for the top hats, which look beefy, will fender and successively smaller washers work as a substitute.

My LJ is stuck on a slow boat somewhere in the Pacific so haven't been following this thread. But they tell me it will be here in a couple of weeks. Suppose I should open the box and see what's inside of my 'not a deal from Quadratec' SwayLoc. Perhaps the hat's are inside??

Damn all you East Coast and Midwest guys. Mine flew otver all of you.

How is Tucson, I spent time down there years ago when my son was attending UofA. We played a lot of golf but now

I wish I didn't pay for it because now Biden would reduce my debit by $10k

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
MrBlaine, have gone back 4 pages and don't see a parts list for your 'tool'. Everything but the top hat washer/bushings looks easily sourced. Are you selling the top hats or are they a common part that everyone but me has in their tool box?? If I don't have a source for the top hats, which look beefy, will fender and successively smaller washers work as a substitute.

My LJ is stuck on a slow boat somewhere in the Pacific so haven't been following this thread. But they tell me it will be here in a couple of weeks. Suppose I should open the box and see what's inside of my 'not a deal from Quadratec' SwayLoc. Perhaps the hat's are inside??

No parts list. The all thread rod is 1/2-13. We made the top hats.