Help with wiring on downstream bank 2 O2 sensor

rlp0705

My down stream sensor 2, the adaptor to the wires was broken. Any idea where to get a new adaptor or how to wire a new sensor to the harness? Not sure what wire colors are what? Can’t seem to find any diagrams.

According to the FSM (8W-30-21) the harness wiring colors for the sensor connector are:

terminal 4 tan/white stripe which is PCM O2 sensor signal
terminal 3 black/light blue stripe which is O2 sensor ground PCM
terminal 2 brown/white stripe which is O2 sensor heater control from PCM
terminal 1 orange/dark green stripe which is O2 sensor downstream heater relay

There are numerous sources for a repair pigtail to splice into what remains of the harness.
Does your connector look like this ?
IF so.... you can use this link.

https://www.ebay.com/i/362845146558...UzIpu73uvKPUccYMJJri49Vpr4CxoCZvUQAvD_BwE']O2

s-l640.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Mine is white, they seem to fit different. I have tried all the parts stores here to find the pig tail. It is the down stream for cylinders 4-6. I’ll try to get a pic of the wires. Not sure I have a great wiring diagram of the harness to figure out what wire is what.

Mine is white, they seem to fit different. I have tried all the parts stores here to find the pig tail. It is the down stream for cylinders 4-6. I’ll try to get a pic of the wires. Not sure I have a great wiring diagram of the harness to figure out what wire is what.

According to the FSM (8W-30-21) the harness wiring colors for the sensor connector are:

There are numerous sources for a repair pigtail to splice into what remains of the harness.

https://www.ebay.com/i/362845146558...UzIpu73uvKPUccYMJJri49Vpr4CxoCZvUQAvD_BwE']O2

View attachment 151575

View attachment 151575
Can I buy any 4 wire harness and rewire the harness and the new O2 sensor to match up to the FCM?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I heard somewhere that the resistance of the wire is critical due to O2 sensor signal returning to the ECU; but I cannot confirm this...
When you purchase a replacement O2 sensor; make sure its a good quality one such as NGK.

Reactions: MikeE024
I heard somewhere that the resistance of the wire is critical due to O2 sensor signal returning to the ECU; but I cannot confirm this...
When you purchase a replacement O2 sensor; make sure its a good quality one such as NGK.
NGK, is what you can get, NTK, is on the box as well. These are the best to get for sure. Honestly same price as buying Bosch or others at the local autozone store.