Hi From Texas

PattonD

Supporting Member
Looking at TJ's for a weekend toy/teen's HS car. Not quite a Pavement Princess, as its going to see light off roading, mainly around friends deer lease and family land, but most days it will be driving the 5 miles are around my house with the kid behind the wheel.

Budgeting $6K, but know anything at that price/age will need more money, if not immediately, soon.

Taking a second look at a rust free 4cyl/5sp tonight, no fluid leaks, but has a check engine light and weak AC. Hooking it up to my OBD2 scanner to see what's up with the check engine and let the kid look it over since 90% of the drive time will be there till college. If not this one, we will find another, have all summer to look.

Anyhow, I'll be doing the wrenching, so look forward to getting to know the forum.

Thanks, just got back from the second look. Everything was great, drove it for 15 minutes, engine running good and shifting through the gears fine. Put the OBD2 reader on it and as suspected, O2 sensor (P0135).

Left it running, did a walk around and checked for frame rust again (it was clean). Got back in it in time to see the
Check Gauge Light came on. Oil pressure had dropped to zero. Checked and it had plenty of oil, restarted and it went up to about 15. I know it could be a sensor, or the sensor, but it's a 200k 4 cly. Pretty sure I walking from this one. Someone could get a nice TJ, especially if they want an engine swap.

Thanks everyone, like I said, we have a budget of $6K, looking for near stock. If you see or have one, drop me a note.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Where in NTX are you? I can keep an eye out here in Arlington/Tarrant County if you need it.

Last edited:
Thanks Gregg, just agreed to buy one in Garland a few minutes ago, picking it up tonight or tomorrow. Excited!

Going to get it today

IMG_20200613_103344__01.jpg

IMG_20200613_103351__01__01.jpg