Higher horses, higher revs & even higher torque, a streetable LJ engine swap

I think the gap is enough, but if it isn't it'll self clearance some if it makes contact — worst case I'll have to add a bigger spacer at the belly skid to increase the gap. The reason for making it out of heat treated aluminum and allowing it to flex by only supporting the font and rear is so that the skid will flex and return back to it's original shape and not permanently deform which would cause the skid to be pressed against the vibrating engine and wear a hole through the pans.
Ok thank you for the reply.

From what I remember reading on DEI's site it seemed to me like the fire sheath was for covering flammable items, like fuel lines in case of disaster, whereas the sheath was more just to prevent something from getting too hot

Last edited:
Do a google search and find out the name of her husband. You'll figure it out then.
So picky you are. Don't you know I've got limited brain capacity, I don't need to use it remembering your favorite old timey actors.

Is this to match your front? :eek:
Lol, I thought I changed that back to sketchy machinist, I can't see it on my phone.

I was looking for a bent one since I am taking the tubes out anyways and the JL guys want an arm and a leg for those things. Ended up finding one with gears, broken locker, but no shafts for $400, so not too bad.

I still need to fix my front axle...

• Haha
Reactions: toximus
Don't lie, the fact that subliminally typed Desi instead of DEI very much says you are their target audience.
I think it's just because I swipe when I type on my phone instead of poking.

But I do know they are always watching

Something worrying happened... I was testing a few connections for RPM Extreme to debug my GM OBD port problems and a fuse for the radio blew and now the OBD port isn't working at all. Yikes! 😭

Oh my gosh! I feel incredibly stupid. I'm still waiting on my cable lugs to arrive so I had completely forgotten to ground the engine back to the battery for testing (or body for that matter)! It works now and I'm able to connect to the GM OBD with my scanner.

Let's keep this between us and please don't tell anyone about this...

Screenshot_20220302-163959.jpg

Oh my gosh! I feel incredibly stupid. I'm still waiting on my cable lugs to arrive so I had completely forgotten to ground the engine back to the battery for testing (or body for that matter)! It works now and I'm able to connect to the GM OBD with my scanner.

Let's keep this between us and please don't tell anyone about this...

View attachment 313107
Reminds me of the time the car wouldn't start. I checked everything I could think of. No luck. A very long time later, I figured out the transmission wasn't in park.

• Haha
Reactions: toximus
Don't lie, the fact that subliminally typed Desi instead of DEI very much says you are their target audience.

I find it amusing as to how our backgrounds and age greatly influence how we interpret things. The word "Desi" said in front of Indian people means something else entirely :) I knew who Lucille Ball but I had no idea of her husband's name.

FWIW .. I personally think of this word in the positive sense. It can be used in a negative sense and easy to piss people off so some caution is advised :) But even within the Indian community in the US, usage of words like "Desi shopping area" to describe Indian-centric shopping areas in places within Bay Area/New Jersey is not uncommon. There are other words that are derived off this term - eg. Swadesi (of Indian origin) and Paradesi (of "foreign" origin). When they were fighting for Indian independence from the British, there was a large nationwide movement encouraging the use of swadesi items and boycotting foreign made goods.

1646261053519.png

Reactions: Mike_H
Reminds me of the time the car wouldn't start. I checked everything I could think of. No luck. A very long time later, I figured out the transmission wasn't in park.

Just last week, the interior bulb in my XJ went out. It was pitch black and raining. I was trying to take the key out of the vehicle after shutting it off and it wouldn't come out no matter what I did .. and I was thinking maybe it got stuck. Then I realized the car was shut off but I had it in reverse instead of park. The key came out as normal after I put it in park. I was glad it was just me fiddling in the dark.

🤫🤫

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw