Hoping it's not seized

cclarke802

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Having trouble with my TJ not been able to get it to turn over. The battery is good so it’s not that but wondering if there is a place I can wrench onto to manually turn the motor over and ensure it’s free. Thanks for any help!

see that bolt ?
PXL_20220726_010410699~2.jpg

What make you think its seized? Be aware if you have a hydro locked engine from coolant filled cylindersfrom a crcked head,blown head gasket or?? you need to be cautious trying to crank it over with the starter. If thats a concern possibly, Id start by pullingl the spark plugs and try cranking it over with the crank bolt as pictured by Eastbloc. if its water drown it will spit water out the plug holes. At least you can rule that one out.

Reactions: cclarke802 and hear
What make you think its seized? Be aware if you have a hydro locked engine from coolant filled cylindersfrom a crcked head,blown head gasket or?? you need to be cautious trying to crank it over with the starter. If thats a concern possibly, Id start by pullingl the spark plugs and try cranking it over with the crank bolt as pictured by Eastbloc. if its water drown it will spit water out the plug holes. At least you can rule that one out.

No no hydro lock I’m 85% sure it’s a bad starter but I had been in an accident (different vehicle) and hadn’t started it for a couple months and just want to make sure it’s moving freely before throwing money at parts

No no hydro lock I’m 85% sure it’s a bad starter but I had been in an accident (different vehicle) and hadn’t started it for a couple months and just want to make sure it’s moving freely before throwing money at parts

Push it down a hill and dump the clutch if it's not an auto.