Horn Relay.

Steve Wasteney

Supporting Member
I have an on going problem with the Check Engine light on constantly and occasional poor running. I have replaced TPS and Idle air control valve (with genuine parts). I also have PO123 code logged. From previous posts I see that the TPS can sometimes suffer from interference via the Clockspring. I read on another forum that sometimes removing the horn fuse can help with the horn wiring being the transmitter of this interference.
Here's the thing, I don't have a horn fuse, but do have a horn relay. If I pull the relay, warning lights go out but the engine revs fluctuate all over the place.
It seems to me that this relay is not just for the horn. Anyone have any idea's

I have an on going problem with the Check Engine light on constantly and occasional poor running. I have replaced TPS and Idle air control valve (with genuine parts). I also have PO123 code logged. From previous posts I see that the TPS can sometimes suffer from interference via the Clockspring. I read on another forum that sometimes removing the horn fuse can help with the horn wiring being the transmitter of this interference.
Here's the thing, I don't have a horn fuse, but do have a horn relay. If I pull the relay, warning lights go out but the engine revs fluctuate all over the place.
It seems to me that this relay is not just for the horn. Anyone have any idea's
To continue. I still can't identify the other functions of the horn relay. Today I disconnected the white plug from the clock spring. Instantly the idle improved and the Check engine light went out. As I don't have cruise control, the only thing effectively not working is the horn. Until I can track down the right clock spring, I will have to shout very loudly through the window.

Reactions: StG58
To continue. I still can't identify the other functions of the horn relay. Today I disconnected the white plug from the clock spring. Instantly the idle improved and the Check engine light went out. As I don't have cruise control, the only thing effectively not working is the horn. Until I can track down the right clock spring, I will have to shout very loudly through the window.
Don't forget hand signals.

Reactions: StG58