Host F550 4X4 Motorhome Quad Slide 330

Been seeing 9 MPG so far running 65 MPH across I-84 through OR & ID. I'm feeling better now that I've got almost 1k miles on the new engine. And I'm sure the fuel mileage will improve as the new engine gets broken in.
9mpg for that big of a beast isn't really all that bad....

Don't get your hopes up too fast.... It's taking forever for the mileage to creep back up with my Cummins. With out looking, I'm pretty sure I have around 20k on it and it's only back up to @14mpg empty, and that's with the canopy on. I was averaging 17 to 19 without a canopy before the rings on #6 cyl broke.

• Wow
Reactions: lBasket and Woodrow
Been seeing 9 MPG so far running 65 MPH across I-84 through OR & ID. I'm feeling better now that I've got almost 1k miles on the new engine. And I'm sure the fuel mileage will improve as the new engine gets broken in.

Last tank I got 11.2 MPG.

We're in NV and will be in Vegas tonight. Staying at the Circus Circus 🎪 RV park.
We're about 175 miles from Veags right now. This overlook popped up so we stopped for a minute.

20240519_125525.jpg

20240519_130019.jpg

20240519_130030.jpg

20240519_130530.jpg

Congrats! I bet that trip felt great after all the work on the engine. Glad it's working well for you!

What's going on under the driver door (and maybe behind the rear wheel)? Are those jack stands? Do they come with the RV? I assume this is to minimize 'bounce/swaying' when people walk around?

I've never RV'ed but curious to learn for potential future (wife won't camp again but she's open to RV'ing).

Reactions: reddvltj
Congrats! I bet that trip felt great after all the work on the engine. Glad it's working well for you!

What's going on under the driver door (and maybe behind the rear wheel)? Are those jack stands? Do they come with the RV? I assume this is to minimize 'bounce/swaying' when people walk around?

I've never RV'ed but curious to learn for potential future (wife won't camp again but she's open to RV'ing).

It does feel great to be honest. Not having any issues has been a blessing.
Those are leveling jacks but as you said are really more to keep it from swaying.

You want to get your camper as level as possible, so most of them come with some sort of mechanism to do so. High end campers will do it automatically, the lighter bumper pulls use a style of scissor jack.

Level helps with absorption refrigerators and with the overall structure of the camper

The one added thing about leveling jacks are that they aren't designed to lift the rig off the ground.
You need leveling blocks or boards for that. Or at least on a older rig like mine. If it's unlevel more than an inch or so I use blocks then the jacks to stabilize.

Sitting here catching up on the goings on I've missed the past few days.
Had an appointment for a oil change that the first shop screwed up by expecting me to just drop off my home and come back in 3-5 hours.
Found another shop that could fit me in. So the new engine is getting it's first oil change.

Last edited: