How bad is this rust

Dennis Velez

I'm looking at a 2003 Rubicon and was sent these pics. Trying to get more but want to see what you guys think and see.

29953.jpeg
29956.jpeg
29958.jpeg
29959.jpeg

29957.jpeg
29954.jpeg

Doesn't look promising. If it's stupid cheap, and you don't mind putting time and money into it, it could be worth it. Chances are it won't be, and the rust is probably worse than what you can see in those pics.

Reactions: Dennis Velez
I have to say that it’s funny how scared of rust some of you are. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t be leary of it but you dry land Jeepers would have a hard time buying anything as a local in some of the rust belt areas. What a luxury it would be to be able to buy a Jeep or any vehicle with no rust that wasn’t brand new. Here in Utah it’s a problem but not like it is in the Northeast. The above frame is pretty bad and I wouldn’t buy it having said that. Not bashing I just think it’s kind of funny is all. Carry on ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CybrSlydr
I have to say that it’s funny how scared of rust some of you are. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t be leary of it but you dry land Jeepers would have a hard time buying anything as a local in some of the rust belt areas. What a luxury it would be to be able to buy a Jeep or any vehicle with no rust that wasn’t brand new. Here in Utah it’s a problem but not like it is in the Northeast. The above frame is pretty bad and I wouldn’t buy it having said that. Not bashing I just think it’s kind of funny is all. Carry on ..

Hey you! (in a friendly way)

Look where you live: Salt Lake! (rust loves you)

I agree! I’m actually glad I wasn’t a part of this forum prior to buying because I’m sure I would have been talked out of my 2,700 tj with some rust. I’m not meaning to minimize the rust concerns, but I’ve been driving it since May, with minimal work done to it, and it is holding up. That doesn’t mean that I’m now not taking steps to preserve it as best as possible. I’ve never worried about Ruston any vehicle. Unless I fall through the floor in spring, I’d say my purchase was one of the best I’ve made!

Hey you! (in a friendly way)

Look where you live: Salt Lake! (rust loves you)

Haha I hate rust too but I’m just used to a little bit here and there. I wouldn’t know what a spring looks like without rust on it in person. I’m just saying that it just be nice not having any.

I agree! I’m actually glad I wasn’t a part of this forum prior to buying because I’m sure I would have been talked out of my 2,700 tj with some rust. I’m not meaning to minimize the rust concerns, but I’ve been driving it since May, with minimal work done to it, and it is holding up. That doesn’t mean that I’m now not taking steps to preserve it as best as possible. I’ve never worried about Ruston any vehicle. Unless I fall through the floor in spring, I’d say my purchase was one of the best I’ve made!

It adds character! Fall through the floor lol I bought a 69 Mustang once when I was young and my passenger did put his foot through the floor. Young Jay P thought it was hilarious [emoji38]
Honestly this forum has made me more observant of it and I have lots of preventative work to do but now I’m afraid of BLO. @TJ2 maybe you can give us a little write up on this.

Reactions: TJ2