How big is the soft top frame?

schmoupe

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi all,

So the TJ I bought didn't come with the factory soft top frame and roof however the dealer just reached out to me saying they found the frame and the soft roof. Now my question is what car do you think the frame and roof will fit in? I have access to an X5, the TJ and possibly a Rav4. It is a 90 min drive so I don't want to make the trip 2x if possible.

Thanks

I got mine in my wrangler with a hard top. Had to fold the front seat forward and the rear seat was removed. Gotta wiggle it in , but it will fit. You could also bring a couple screwdrivers, and disassemble it. It will for sure fit then.

I was able to get my Craigslist soft top inside the hard top fully assembled. Don't remember exactly how, but it survived the ride home.

2003 Rubicon

With the bows folded together, it's just about as long as your Jeep is wide, and ends of the bow arms stick up about 18" (I think)

It looks something like this
upload_2018-3-27_16-20-21.png
and should easily fit in the Rav4

Reactions: 06TJ35's
The picture is very good! Fold the frame with the soft top like if you had it on the jeep. Once you do this it would look like the picture. I have a RAV4 my back seats fold all the waaay back;) it can fit there and i have put a soft behind my tj. Enter the frame on top of back seat. So you get behind the jeep and put the frame inside. It will hang out but it will work.

Good points all around! I will take the X5 since it has about the same interior space as X5 and my toolbox just in case I have to break it down. I am sure I will be back here asking questions on how to install the soft top in a couple of weeks :b2: