How can I stop heat coming from the body?

Willy T Ribbs

I take my tj on three hours interstate trips during the summer and the heat from the floor is outrageous, any ideas on how to block this from the cabin?

Recently someone mentioned laying that reflective mylar bubble wrap down under the carpet. I have a bunch of that from Amazon groceries that I am thinking about trying.

Tried that aluminum faced bubble wrap and it slid all over the place. If you use it duct tape it in place.

Reactions: jjvw
Noico makes a good waterproof sound deadener that does an awesome job at climate control too. Good Essex carpet, make sure your inner shift boot isn’t ripped. Make sure you still have the heat shielding over your cat, etc

I went to Home Depot and bought a roll of the double reflective foil. They have a wide selection of different size rolls; you can also find it on Amazon. Removed the front carpet pieces and the forward part of the center console so I could could get better coverage of the hump. I did not tape the reflective material down anywhere I just used the carpet to hold it in place. I'm happy with the results.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G653KPM/?tag=wranglerorg-20