How do I change / fix the lights on fender?

Mora

TJ Enthusiast
Noticed last night that one of the lights on my fender is out/just super dim. Anyone know the steps to replacing it at all? (First photo is the working one, second photo is the dim one)
3C7EDC1A-2E46-4FAA-8B2A-2A6C40ED3BC6.jpeg
02A350D4-3CBF-4E10-9688-3670653EE9CC.jpeg

Not familiar with the aftermarket lights, but couldn't hurt to make sure everything is plugged in tight, connections are clean, and the bulb isn't blown

Reactions: Mora
A dim light vs. a dead light is usually caused more by a weak/defective ground than a burned out bulb. That can also be from the bulb not having been properly seated in its socket though that one doesn't look like there's a bulb socket.

Reactions: 5632 and Mora
A dim light vs. a dead light is usually caused more by a weak/defective ground than a burned out bulb. That can also be from the bulb not having been properly seated in its socket though that one doesn't look like there's a bulb socket.
Yeah, I'll have to check the connections and make sure everything is seated properly. Something could have just been moved out of place.

Yeah, I'll have to check the connections and make sure everything is seated properly. Something could have just been moved out of place.
Look first at its ground connection. Powder coating and paint can both wreak havoc with electrical connections.

If you're at work I can come by and look at it for you dude. It's 111 out but.....
Aha I think you may have me confused with the PO. I bought this Jeep off him about 7 or so weeks ago. I remember you commenting on a post I made back in August and I was so confused because you were saying how I was "pissed that I hadn't done my research and got a 4.0 instead of the SE." I mean, I do live in Ventura County but sadly I'm about 45 min away from Ventura itself.

Aha I think you may have me confused with the PO. I bought this Jeep off him about 7 or so weeks ago. I remember you commenting on a post I made back in August and I was so confused because you were saying how I was "pissed that I hadn't done my research and got a 4.0 instead of the SE." I mean, I do live in Ventura County but sadly I'm about 45 min away from Ventura itself.
Ah. Yeah must have. The previous owner worked near me. Didn't really know him outside of casual conversation. But..always willing to help a local Jeep owner so that's why I offered.

Those are LED's on MCE fenders.
I would check the connections, Sometimes w/ those little "tiger eye" lights, the wire will pull out of the bulb itself. They're super cheap on ebay or amazon. Check your connections and at the bulb itself for loose wire.

After looking at it tonight, the ground connection ended up being bad (wire just had to slightly be moved). I fidgeted a few things around with it and now it works! Thank you, everyone!:)