How do I release the front seat?

Torpedo01

Been trying over an hour now to remove my front seat to fix the bottom seat foam, but can’t seem to figure out the mechanism that allows the seat to lift and move forward.

Only the seat back moves up, the seat slides forward on the track, but won’t lift up so I can access to two rear bolts to get the seat out.

Anyone know of a way to manually release it so I can get this seat out? I looked all under there but can’t figure out what is actually supposed to lift it.

I have the same problem with mine, the pull loop moves the seat back forward but not the seat. There is a latch under the seat that you can press that allows the whole seat to fold forwards, you just have to feel around underneath for a bit. I'll see if I can get a picture of the latch. It is annoying to do every time, so I need to figure out a way to fix the pull loop somehow

E5315A8A-64BF-49A4-B24D-6A59D5E4A7B8.jpeg

Sweet, just found it! I was looking for something connected to a cable or something but this will work for my immediate needs.

Reactions: Cheetokps
Yep, that lever will make it "rock" forward, but then you can also still "slide" it even further, using the same bar as you would if you were sitting in it, trying to slide forward.

Mine didn’t work too well. When I had it apart to wash the upholstery, I used white lithium on the moving parts. It helped a bit, but replacing those slider bushings fixed it. I actually only replaced the washer, the roller was still round.