How many are running PRP seats and what are your thoughts on them?

Tony G

I just installed set of new PRP Daily drivers type seats. How many are running PRP and what are you’re thoughts on them? My first impression is that I am really not sure about them just yet since we only drove around town. They do hold you in the seat as they should. To me they appear to be very light on the padding, after driving around both my wife and I can say our backs are definitely not liking them. My wife and I can’t believe the discomfort from sitting in them. While sitting in the seat the sides do hold the Butt in place but it feels like you are being wedged between the two pieces of steel with a cloth cover.

A4C72207-FAFE-4D17-B6E8-191BEB901B86.jpeg

4F1B2E32-BC40-4B7D-BEEB-2D1232912F18.jpeg

6202EDE2-8F47-4CD8-8312-67E394263934.jpeg

I have been running the same PRP Daily Driver model seats for 7-8 years and I absolutely love them. The angle is still perfect for even my 74 year old back. I first thought I might want an adjustable angle seat but I'm glad I went with the fixed-angle Daily Drivers, I have never felt like the angle was anything but perfect.

They don't look this pretty any more lol.

FrontFinal.jpg

I have PRP seats and I personally love them. If I could put them in our minivan I would 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Tob
Lol if I my back and hips let me keep them in they will not be looking pretty for sure. the reclined position is perfect. I can push my hands (in a fist) together with the back of the seat in between them at same location and feel the suspension wires and contour of my knuckles

I read a lot about them and the review of them was great. Also in a very polite way Jerry has a couple of years on me so if they are good on his back I figured I’m good

Lol if I my back and hips let me keep them in they will not be looking pretty for sure. the reclined position is perfect. I can push my hands (in a fist) together with the back of the seat in between them at same location and feel the suspension wires and contour of my knuckles
Understand that it is a suspension seat, nothing else. Its seat padding is minimal with support provided by nylon webbing and bungee cords which help to isolate the butt from the shocks and jarring of offroad use.

Even with that I still consider my Daily Drivers to be absolutely incredibly comfortable.

Picture 014.jpg

Understand that it is a suspension seat, nothing else. Its seat padding is minimal with support provided by nylon webbing and bungee cords which help to isolate the butt from the shocks and jarring of offroad use.

View attachment 278050
Probably one of the reasons I like my PRPs so much. I am much more of a fan of firmer seats as opposed to softer, plush seats. For whatever reason it feels better on my back.

I truly understand that however it feels like my 170# butt is hitting the support bars and I haven’t even tried it off road yet. But will soon and maybe it could be just like breaking in a new set of work 🥾

I truly understand that however it feels like my 170# butt is hitting the support bars and I haven’t even tried it off road yet. But will soon and maybe it could be just like breaking in a new set of work 🥾
Odd, I'm 180 right now but was closer to 190 most of the past 7-8 years.

I just gave my Daily Drivers a good test, 5 days off-road for about 5-8 hours each day.

To me they were amazing! Having the extra bolsters kept me from bouncing all around which helped with fatigue. I found them very comfortable on the butt and on the back. I was with two other Tj’s stock seats, at the end of the day they were way more beat up then me.

They are more work to get in and out of, but once you are in, I really dig them

I’m definitely going to give them a work out and see how it goes. You are not joking on the more work to get in and out 😂 also I now have to slide the seat forward to make sure I can get the clutch all the way down and see over the roll cage windshield bar

I have the Enduro Elites and couldn't be any happier with the comfort, plan is to add the matching rear bucket next spring.
As far as holding up, ask me in about a year or so, but for this price they better still be in tip top shape!
The padding in these are very heavy and thick memory foam, suspension seats too.
The seats are very well made, all welded frames with hand tied webbing with para cord at that! believe me, most seats are not built to these standards.
IMG_1648.JPG
IMG_1651.JPG

I just installed set of new PRP Daily drivers type seats. How many are running PRP and what are you’re thoughts on them? My first impression is that I am really not sure about them just yet since we only drove around town. They do hold you in the seat as they should. To me they appear to be very light on the padding, after driving around both my wife and I can say our backs are definitely not liking them. My wife and I can’t believe the discomfort from sitting in them. While sitting in the seat the sides do hold the Butt in place but it feels like you are being wedged between the two pieces of steel with a cloth cover.

View attachment 278044

View attachment 278045

View attachment 278046
A few things for you. The reason your back hurts is you are sitting at a new angle. I couldn't ride in that thing to the end of the block and back before my back started screaming at me. One thing that will help is to put a spacer under the back legs of the seat base and play with that to tilt the seat back forward some.

The reason you feel like you are sitting in a steel frame covered in cloth is that is exactly what you are doing. I despise bolsters that high for a street driven or mix of street and trail. That is a race only style seat.