How many light bars is too many?

2 is too many.
Call me old fashioned but back in my day a lightbar was only above the windshield and held up 4-5 round or square lights.
And damn do they look good.

In all honesty I think LED strip light bars just marr the aesthetic of the Wrangler.

Facts are Facts, even if it's just an opinion I agree with.

And I'm pretty sure any of the light bars on that 2014 Rubicon are brighter than the owner.

Reactions: AndyG and Akitadog
I have a pair of fog lights...and head lights..isn’t that enough? It must get a lot darker out west than it does here in the east.

Depends on location. City Jeeps never NEED more lights than stock headlight and foglight. So it would be enough.
In suburban outskirts and rural spots it can get pitch black out at night and then you'd want them extra lights uptop.

There is an ad at the bottom of this page for a 500 Watt light bar. Put 6 of them on your Jeep and you'll be drawing something like 220A. Better not leave them on for long, even with the engine running.

If he turns them on , it will blind me . And that will spare me from seeing the rest of it. Hit the switch and put me out of your misery sir.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeE024 and Hog
My thing with light bars as strange as this sounds is I just think they don't match the look of our generation of Jeep despite how they perform and all that. Just too new of an accessory wheras our Jeeps still have the classic Jeep look. I know they're useful but it's just a 'look' thing.

I have a 10” light bar mounted above my winch. Works very well and throws a lot of light. Has been useful for night runs. IMO, anything more than that is just for looks.

One good winch pull will quickly remove the those two front light bars. Not that I believe the winch has ever, or will ever be used.

11098003_985583098119768_3028467733902890743_n.jpg

Reactions: ranwilrw and Hog
My thing with light bars as strange as this sounds is I just think they don't match the look of our generation of Jeep despite how they perform and all that. Just too new of an accessory wheras our Jeeps still have the classic Jeep look. I know they're useful but it's just a 'look' thing.
100% AGREED. I recently bought my tj with one on top and the only reason i havent took it off is because our stock headlights arent that bright for after dark wheeling ;) wanting to get some different headlights and/or other (round) offroad lights.

Reactions: AndyG