How many light bars is too many?

I’ve always thought spotlights on a car or truck were cool. We had a shift truck with a spot for a while. Came in handy when trying to find a problem in a high overhead pipe rack or in the bargeslip.

Reactions: Squatch
I don't personally have any light bars, but one looks ok. And if done right can be functional. Would be good for night trail runs and recovery.

My thing with light bars as strange as this sounds is I just think they don't match the look of our generation of Jeep despite how they perform and all that. Just too new of an accessory wheras our Jeeps still have the classic Jeep look. I know they're useful but it's just a 'look' thing.
I agree 100 percent , wrong era. My TJ has 5 6” Halogen KC lights with the yellow smiley face covers ..,man it gets noticed . Maybe people laugh . My wife says it looks “too happy”....but Jeeps are happy . It’s like a banjo...you can’t play a banjo and be depressed.

Incidentally, I had light go out , got a 7 dollar bulb at Walmart ...works great. Not sure why , but my stock (ish) bulbs seem to be great .

883629A7-8217-44F8-9E20-0FE1DEE29382.jpeg

237BD759-A154-4F6F-82ED-D6DADB667A33.jpeg

Thanks Squatch , I think the top pic was the day I brought it home....that tire series was so old they were out of production.

I run stock flares now . Boy I worked to get those rims that shiny....wet sanded them .

Man, the stuff we do to get our rides spiffed up.

Reactions: Squatch
I agree 100 percent , wrong era. My TJ has 5 6” Halogen KC lights with the yellow smiley face covers ..,man it gets noticed . Maybe people laugh . My wife says it looks “too happy”....but Jeeps are happy . It’s like a banjo...you can’t play a banjo and be depressed.

Incidentally, I had light go out , got a 7 dollar bulb at Walmart ...works great. Not sure why , but my stock (ish) bulbs seem to be great .

View attachment 108943

View attachment 108944
That is a nice ride! That's how a TJ is supposed to look with extra lights. KC all the way.

Reactions: Brinta and AndyG
I never did like the light bars years ago(05-06) when I finally bought a new pickup.

They are cheap. They are chinese. I dislike both.

But I think what developed my extreme hatred of them and the people that run them, is when I got into collecting military trucks in 2014. Somebody would win a pristine, refurbed, never driven after rebuild M939 5 ton, then paint it black, and drill holes in the hood, mounting cheap assed light bars on the hood. Absolute abomination I say...….

So it disgusts me to see a LJR saharicon with a shitty led light bar on it..... Haveth you no style.....

Reactions: Brinta
Light bars? 1 is too many.
More than enough to own a good set of headlights for many. But those living in darker parts of the earth, some pods/cubes are a tasteful addition. I run a set on the front bumper that are amber used as fog/ driving through trails where sand/dirt kicks up that the headlights do no good.

That is a nice ride! That's how a TJ is supposed to look with extra lights. KC all the way.
Thanks , it looks better now with stock flares...there’s a thread on it on readers rides..better pic. It’s a fun one.

I always figured that light bars are what you install after you are finished upgrading your Jeep. I don't have any. It must be nice being done five times over.

I have a Carr light bar mount to go on my LJR, had one on my last LJR too. Been torn about what lights to put on it. The big round ones look period correct, but the output from the newer ones is nice. I also have JW Speaker headlights so all lights have to be LED.

I’ll agree most new light bars look odd on our Jeeps. I’ve actually considered the quadratec light bar with the marker lights. Unfortunately, the marker lights don’t turn off when you turn the light bar on, that seems dumb.

I live way out, a little more light in a few places where bambi and his friends hang out alongside the road would be nice. I don’t get off work until 2am usually so I drive home in the dark every night.